Chapter 9: Handsome Men Are Always Handsome

When Shun turned back to the market, the eaves of the shop were beginning to be lit up. Magic stones, which seemed bigger and better quality than those in the black market, illuminated the stores and passageways. The black market's lamps were orange, but these were more close to a milky white and had a wide range of illumination.

The light served to give a sense of security, and no anxiety was felt when dusk came in the market. Even though nightfall would soon break, the market was in full swing.

Shun didn't know when the next time he'd have an opportunity like this with the governor out. He felt like it would be a waste to leave like this and decided to return to the teppanyaki restaurant he had seen earlier.

Shun wasn't sure where it was and went through dozens of shops looking for it. He didn't have a clear map in his head either because he had gone into stores at random.

Just as he was thinking of giving up and returning to the castle, Shun noticed that he was walking along a street lined with miscellaneous goods and household furnishings.

"There's no bookstore..."

There were places that dealt with thread-bound booklets, rough bundles of paper, and old, secondhand books, but there were no new, leather-bound, hardcover books. Shun knew there was a time when paper was a luxury item in his old world's past. Did that mean that parchment paper was still mainstream and that the technology for making paper quickly from plants hadn't been established yet?

Shun didn't know the literacy rate here, but it definitely didn't seem like ordinary people were buying books for themselves. However, there were plenty of books in Craig's house and in the Dawn Fog's castle.

"Because he's a former prince and making money off bounty hunting...?"

Shun wasn't completely convinced by that.

To begin with, organizations like Dawn Fog needed to have skilled members and only one or two people in charge.

In addition, when speaking to other members of the group, Shun had the impression that they were smart, although they didn't have much education or had much knowledge of classics, poetry, or scriptures. Even if they needed to develop a strategy, they had the skills to do so from experience, which Shun felt was equally important.

In other words, mercenaries were not interested in the knowledge they could get from books.

So then, Craig was the only one that needed the books. In fact, Shun hadn't seen anyone other than Craig pick up a book. So why did Craig need so much knowledge?

"There's too little information about Craig..."

Maybe it was a cornerstone of his game route.

After all, Shun still doesn't know why Craig left the Wolf Kingdom.

"What do you think?"

Shun looked up at the sweet voice. A glittering, handsome man leaned against the wall and stood in his way. This was familiar sight for him.

Moreover, isn't this what the world calls "overseas" kabedon?

And he was still handsome.

No way.

No way.

Shun should no longer be the acting heroine.

Come to think of it, in his excitement about his newfound freedom, Shun had neglected to figure out how he was going to find the heroine and get her to follow Craig's route.

"It's rude to just ignore people."

Shun, who had been distracted by his thoughts, heard a new, lower voice than before.