Chapter 11: Sophistic Adults

Shun took a step out of the room. The expensive carpet sunk about five centimeters, which helped with his plan.

It was half-past eight in the morning. Shun had been energetic lately, but on this morning, he was even more full of energy. Because he had slept in an hour, it was about time for the maidservants and the Kabedons — the princes — to wander around.

A prince is supposed to have at least one attendant with him when he leaves the First Avenue's gates. However, the twentieth prince and others often leave without following the rules, and although there were no severe penalties for this, Shun snuck around like he was breaking the rules.

After all, there was a secret path on the second floor of the Eastern Tower to the outside. Shun had seen it used in the middle of the game by the first prince to sneak out on a date with the heroine, but now, there were no signs of it being used.

Shun traveled from the South Tower where he lived through a passageway leading to the East Tower, chose the least popular path, and made his way toward his destination.

He was going to go to the courtyard to pick some flowers as naturally as possible. Shun came down the stairs and had almost reached the landing.

It didn't look like anyone was around...

"What's the matter?"

"Ah!"

Suddenly, Shun had a heard a low, attractive voice from behind him and consequently fell back onto his butt. When he looked back, he saw a golden haired, green-eyed noble person there.

Shun was stunned for a moment by the person's dazzling appearance before he managed to stand up, anticipating a kabedon was coming soon. The man was a tall and had a well-proportioned body with golden hair that glittered in the sun, beautiful, white skin, and peridot colored eyes.

It was Theodore, the first prince.

Theodore was the most popular character in the otome game and was position in the center in the game's artwork with no complaints, considering his outstanding looks.

Hearing an ikemen(1) whisper a line like, "I'll get it. The country and you too―" would make anyone blush in several ways.

"Oh, I'm alright."

Shun naturally took the hand that was held out to him. The smart gesture was quintessential. Even so, he stood up and instinctively took a step back.

Theodore was a dream-like prince like this, but if Shun made one wrong choice, he would turn into a yandere and keep Shun in captivity. Moreover, there were several places of confinement, such as an iron cage wrapped with thorns or a summer home with a garden full of white lilies, puzzling Shun and making him wonder why there was so much effort put into them.

It was also sometimes far too easy to stumble into these flags.

Moreover, there were more kabedons in Theodore's route than any other. In this game, both pick-up lines and kabedons were far too frequent. It's said that when used sparingly it is far more powerful. Don't sell it short. This is something that absolutely everyone would agree with, even the people of Yahoo! Answers would be on your side.

"What's really going on?"

Just as Shun was attempting to make a discreet getaway, he was peered at curiously.

"Are you curious about that?"

The green eyes seemed to keep their senses, and he was relieved that there wouldn't be a kabedon event. As he recalled, they had had a few conversations, but Shun had never be pressured.