Chapter 13: Once a Month......?

Even though he belonged to a bounty hunter group, Shun doesn't get dragged into the rough stuff. Their fighting power was sufficient without him. So Shun faced numbers every day, contributed to spoiling Sui, and served as a taste tester of Carl's new dishes.

It was a very peaceful day.

Shun actually hadn't seen Craig for about a week since he had spoken to him outside of the carriage. Apparently, he regularly takes several consecutive days off. At first, Shun had thought that he had a chronic disease, but according to Dian, the way he replenished his magical powers was special.

It seemed that the different atmosphere around Craig that Shun had felt was due to the increase and decrease of his magical powers.

Shun wondered if "replenishing magic" was actually related to women for a moment, considering how Gin was acting, thrusting his elbow into Evan, who was holding some ice cream.

The hand that was moving his pen stopped when he recalled the conversation.

Woman... Was it the heroine? No, Shun shook his head. The constant threat of kabedons had not subsided. Then another woman?

Shun wondered what kind of woman Craig would choose. She had to have been a beautiful woman that Shun hadn't seen before.

"...I wouldn't say it's a digital calculator, but I'd like to have an auxiliary one to use on the tabletop."

If Craig had a lover, then it would probably take a while for him to form a bond with the heroine, so Shun forced his thoughts back to the work at hand and left it alone.

While rubbing away the stiffness in his shoulders, he saw a mass of metal that had become an ornament next to him. There were some devices that could help with calculation. It was right to put that in past tense.

They were machines that were as large as household printers, and the gears on the surface of it were arranged in an orderly fashion. They were no longer used because no one knew how to use it, and then one or two parts that were used by Gin were taken to repair weapons. Now it was mostly just ignored.

Shun had thought about getting a new calculator, but the same type that he had seen on the market was rather expensive. It wasn't a very good purchase, considering how cost effective it would be when he took his time to use it and the fact that its multiplication and division wasn't accurate into account. As a bookkeeper, that was a bit of a problem.

They would have to figure out another way. Not only would it help with Shun's stiff shoulders, but also Craig's feelings towards him would improve from him showing off his usefulness. With that, mediating between Craig and the heroine would become easier.

"What's wrong? Are you getting tired of all the numbers?"

"I'm not tired of it. Why do you all ask the same question?" Gin, who had arrived earlier from his work, teased Shun while looking at the account book. So Shun responded with a bored expression. He always replied that he wasn't tired of it, but he was getting a little bored of it like today's Gin.

"Well, nevermind that. I want you to make something."

If Shun asked for this at the royal palace, he would be met with suspicion, and it would be troublesome. He also couldn't go to the market alone, and since Shun already looked naïve in the first place, he felt like he would be charged an exorbitant price for this. In which case, there was no one else for him to hire other than Gin, who was entrusted with the dexterous work of weapon crafting and repair.

"I don't like it because it looks troublesome." As soon as Gin saw Shun's drawing of the completed project, he declared this. Why with such a handsome face?