Chapter 10: I Can't Rest With my Feet up Against a "Butterfly" Anglerfish

"Are you cursed?"

"Huh? Uh, well..."

Craig frowned in suspicion. This was a natural reaction, considering that he had seen this happen to Shun twice in such a short amount of time.

Shun searched for words to answer him with, rubbing his hands over his flaming cheeks.

"That's, uh... fate's prank, or well, a curse is close."

Craig's eyebrows twitched at the word "fate". He wouldn't believe Shun if he explained that the game's settings were bugged, and that there was the possibility that Craig, his employer would continue to be troubled by this in the future until it was resolved.

He should explain it as best as he could though.

"For some reason, whenever I come across a handsome man or have any kind of contact with him, he tries to flirt with me, saying something about my eyes usually. However, Gin and Evan were normal, so I thought the curse was broken, since they never tried anything no matter how many times we were alone together. That's why I tried going out to the market today, but it still didn't work out... This is part of why I wanted to join the Dawn Fog, but I wasn't lying about wanting to gain experience either."

"Is that what the fortune-teller said before?"

Shun nodded.

"There's supposed to be a woman coming here from another world. She's destined to be with a capture... an attractive man in this world. In order to do so, she needs to be wooed by even men she doesn't like, and since she's not here, it's all coming down on me."

Shun decided to continue with the story he just told Craig.

Tonight, Shun was convinced that not only was he playing the roll of the heroine being kabedoned by handsome men, but also the roll of being entangled with bad guys and being rescued by a capture target.

Shun's hat was off to all of the heroines in the world.

"When she shows up, I shouldn't be approached anymore. Although that may kill me."

Craig's eyebrows were raised in surprise by the sudden leap in logic.

In other words, Shun's future was rather bleak.

"However, if she gets along with Craig, I won't die. So I went to the Dawn Fog to mediate."

Shun ended up talking quickly for some reason. He glanced up at Craig to see if he believed him. Craig's face was obscured by the pale, milky white light of the meteorite lanterns.

"I see... So."

Craig seemed to remember the first time he met Shun.

Looking back, it was probably a good thing that it was Craig who was at the scene and not a different capture target. It would be better for him to know about Shun's situation and cooperate with the heroine.

"I see what's going on, but–"

Shun stood ready for what would follow the "but". But no words left Craig's mouth.

"Do you want to kick me out?"

Feeling scared by the growing silence, Shun broke it. He suspected that Craig might hate women. There were no women in the Dawn Fog.

It was not uncommon to see swordswomen or female magicians working normally in any other guild.

However, Gin's regular campaign of "Let's include girls!" was often instantly declined.

Shun looked very anxious, and when Craig looked up, he gave a troubled laugh.

"That's not going to happen."