Chapter 3: The Power of a Blonde, Golden Eyed, Handsome Man is Amazing

Shun had called out "Craig Thurwolf" without thinking, and the amber eyes that had been glaring at the lowlife were now turned onto Shun, glinting like a sword.

Shun hurriedly shut his mouth, but it was already too late.

"How do you know my name?"

"Uh..."

Shun stepped back, slamming his back against the wall again with an audible thump. When Craig instinctively raised his hands, he forcibly pressed Shun into the wall harder, moving in close to Shun.

Although Shun couldn't see what was happening and was empty handed when Craig's right hand held up a dagger and pointed its sharp point at Shun's throat. The western-style, double-edged blade glistened under the orange lamplight.

Behind Craig's beautiful, blonde head, Shun could see the man, who had played his part in this charade well, lying unconscious on his back.

"Answer me."

His eyes that were so pretty they almost seemed fake were vigilant and burned with warning towards Shun. With his left hand firmly holding onto the middle of Shun's chest and the sword in his right hand in position to slit Shun's throat at the slightest suspicion, he had ensured that Shun couldn't escape him.

This kabedon was a bit unexpected.

No, wait. Wasn't it taboo to raise a hand against the heroine, even if she's the target? There couldn't be many girls who would buy a game to fall for a man who raises his hands against a woman!

Shun was neither a legitimate heroine nor a woman, though he was about to meet a bad end. While he was confused, the tip of the sword drew closer to Shun's throat.

If he doesn't say anything, he'll die!

Shun opened his mouth and said this in an act of desperation.

"I'm here to attach you to Hyo, Loin, and others, who are going to fly you out of modern Japan!" Shun stumbled over his words a bit halfway through, but he managed to force it all out in one breath.

Then Shun saw Craig's expression twisted with suspicion and despaired at the words he had managed to speak out of fear.

"I don't understand."

Of course not.

Why couldn't Shun come up with a better excuse? He was practically in a tizzy and couldn't be considered resourceful at all. It was impossible to tell a plain, high school teacher to calm down and talk to Craig while he was on the border between life and death, but there was a reason why Shun had to get close to him.

Shun, the twenty-first prince, was going to be killed in the battle for the throne, unless the heroine follows his route or Craig's happy ending one.

A tragedy occurs in order to bring the heroine and the capture targets, who had been separated, closer again and strengthen their bond, and this tragedy was the death of the twenty-first prince. The youngest son, who was pushed to the front lines, died in the middle of the war of succession even though he can't use magic or weapons at all.

Due to his poor health, he did not perform much of his role as a capture target, and he just fostered a friendship with the heroine and heals her before his death. Afterwards a capture target would comfort the wounded heroine, fostering a feeling of "I only have you!" This was all certain to unfold.

This feeling of abandonment was amazing.

However, the Craig route without the heroine, perhaps because there is no war of succession in the Butterfly Kingdom as mentioned above, it seemed that he lives a happy old age growing flowers and vegetables in the countryside.