Chapter 20: Why Gin's Bed is no Good, and the Truth of the World

"I mean! You're a virgin, too!"

".........what?"

After dozens of seconds, Craig's eyebrows raised. Shun stood up without thinking when he responded, "Well, now that you mention it..." with an embarrassed tone. With a rustle, the blankets fell onto the bed. It didn't matter what he was saying, even if he was giving Shun a suspicious look.

"Comrade!"(1)

   1. The text said "friend/mate", but I felt like comrade fit better in this context...

Shun grabbed Craig by his arms, pulling him up to spin around in a circle. If he had done this on hard ground, his feet would have made a soft noise. However, it was a soft carpet. Their feet didn't make any noise at all, and Shun almost fell over after a bit.

"Oh, I'm a bit dizzy..."

Even though Shun was now leading a healthy life, his semicircular canal still wasn't that strong. He had gotten a bit carried away and now felt sick. He crouched while holding onto Craig's hand. Craig, who had been left wide eyed, laughed with shaking shoulders.

"Is that what you're curious about?"

After returning Shun to the bed, his face had neither his usual frown or a look of self-deprecation. His eyebrows had smoothed out into a soft expression, and he laughed properly.

"No, that..."

While Shun was trying to maintain a frown, a beautiful smile like that was bad for his heart. He couldn't keep looking directly at it, so he looked down.

When he looked down, he saw their joined hands. His heart thumped, and suddenly became very aware of the nerves in his hand.

Craig's hand was bigger than Shun's and often held a sword. It was kind of hot. This hand touched his cheek and lifted his chin with long fingertips, exposing his miserable appearance to his beautiful irises.

Shun, and that expression he had called him earnestly comes back to mind. It was the first time that he'd been looked at with such lustful eyes, and they had been full of nothing but Shun. His cheeks flushed. No, not only his cheeks, but also his ears, neck, and even his fingertips. How stupid of himself to hold onto Craig and become conscious of it.

"What is it?"

Craig seemed to be looking at Shun, whose thoughts were interrupted by his words, but he could neither answer or meet his gaze.

"Ah..."

He must have noticed what Shun was thinking about. A little bit later, Craig let Shun's hand go.

"It's really alright now. I won't harm you again."

What caught Shun's eyes was the expression he hated on Craig's face with a hand on his head. It was certainly sudden, and Craig was technically in the position to be blamed. But Shun hadn't hated it. It wasn't "harm" to him.

Strict quarantine. It wasn't a word that was usually used. Craig had placed himself in it so he wouldn't hurt anyone and struggled with that unbearable fever, even though it wasn't his fault.

"I'll be back soon, and you can sleep here."

He stood up and turned his back on Shun. It felt like he was hiding his expression from Shun.

"Wait!"

Shun grabbed him by the hem of his clothes to hold him back. Amber eyes looked at him in deep surprise. Craig hadn't expected Shun to try to continue speaking with him, much less stop him. Shun's chest felt full.