TWENTY ONE

Guess what, Dave stayed back too. We shifted our beds to that senior dorm. Lorraine helped us making our beds. She is a senior. We occupied beds in the last row of bunk cots. Dave in the corner bed, my bed to his left and Lorraine beside mine.

"Meet you guys later. Feel comfortable. Good night." Lorraine said to me and Dave before getting out.

"So what made you stay?" I asked Dave.

"My mom asked me to stay back when i told about you. She even cursed me for not staying on my own. She thinks that I'm not gonna achieve anything by going home now but if i stay back, i can make one soul comfortable." Dave said.

"Awe that's so cute. I wanna see your mom some day." I said.

"I have very few friends but not all seem to like me. Im happy that you are true to me. We are friends, aren't we?" Dave asked in childish manner.

"Of course we are." I assured.

We were just chatting on random stuffs and i shared my chocolate with Dave.

The dorm door opened slam-bang, a girl and a guy came in. As we are in bunk cots, their faces were blocked. They came towards my row, only then i figured out, it was Freddy and that blonde. They were already making out as they entered the dorm. Gosh! Aren't there anybody to supervise this dorm?

My heart felt individual piercing each time i saw Freddy. The worst part , they chose Lorraine's bed , that's just beside me.

"Guys i think this is Lorraine's bed! Could you go to your respective beds?" I asked politely.

"Mind your own business pippy, oh sorry poppy." That blonde biatch answered.

"Can you shut up Poppy?" Freddy yelled at me too as he was lying above that whore.

I just turned my face without telling a word and tears streamed down again.

Hello tears don't you've shame? Why are you flowing down for this guy?

Dave was about to say something, i just cut him off by placing a finger on my lips, asking him to shush.

"Sleep Poppy. Else we can be outside for a while, till they are done with this non sense." Dave said by wiping my tears from my right eye.

"Good idea." I said and grabbed my Cardigan from the side of the bunk cot and started to walk.

"Jealous huh?" That whore's voice came up from bed as i moved three steps away.

"Disgust" i said on her face and continued walking.

We came out of dorm, sat on the stairs. I cried for few minutes, then realised that I'm making Dave sad too and shut my tears gland.

Dave figured out that myself and Freddy aren't in good terms and asked for reason, which i didn't know either.

Gosh! It's so cold out here. Im feeling sleepy too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Freddy's POV:

It's been few minutes since Poppy left the dorm. Geez! This blonde is busy over the phone. I'm just all alone , lying on this bed.

Dorm door creaked, i think Poppy is checking on me.

Wait. What the hell? Dave came closer to the bed ,carrying Poppy in bridal-style. Is something wrong with her?

"What's wrong?" I asked him by sitting up on my bed turning towards Poppy's bed.

He didn't answer me. That was really annoying.

"Are you deaf? " I kinda yelled when Dave placed Poppy on her bed.

Poppy just moved her head.

"Shhhh. You are gonna wake her." Dave said.

This guy has enough guts to ignore my question in first place, then asking me to shut up. That's it.

"You are gonna tell me what's wrong with her,if not I'll make you to, by force." I got his jersey and pulled him closer after he had covered Poppy with her blankets.

"She just fell asleep when we were sitting in the stairs, outside. So i just carried her to bed. If you ask me what's wrong with her, i would say there is something seriously wrong with you." Dave said by poking his finger on my chest.

"What on earth makes you avoid this awesome girl? She is really shattered into pieces because of you. If you wanna play around with Poppy, like how you are with that blonde girl, get this into your dumb head, i won't let you hurt her. It's better for her to think that you are avoiding her than you would use her like other chicks." Dave said without letting me to talk anything. I felt like a crap right now.

"You think i would do something like that to her? Why are you so much bothered about her?" I asked him like an idiot without giving him any explanation for what he asked me.

"Because she is my friend and the only person being true to me, unlike my other friends." Dave said with so much of pain in his eyes.

I think this guy is very sensitive.

He went back to his bed, leaving me to stand between his and her bed.

I must have been too harsh on Poppy.

"Baby! You are still up! Come on let's continue." Natalie( blonde) said by pulling to the bed.

I did follow, and then fell on top of her. Poppy was facing my side,I couldn't do anything at all other than stare at Poppy's innocent face, there was a drop of tear in the midway of her cheek.

God! I couldn't do more. I said that I'm feeling sleepy and asked her to leave. She went to her bed,that's near the dorm door.

I lied down and slipped into the blankets in that bed, it's Lorraine's. Not a problem.

I faced Poppy, stretched my hand and wiped that tear from her cheek.

Poor little friend.