𝚂.𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒 // 𝙼é𝚖𝚘𝚒𝚛𝚎

- - - - - -Requested by Angel-2609

konichiwa! After a long long time i finally got to update uwaaaa >~< i hope you enjoy this utterly angst oneshot umuuu >///<

The girl's name is 'Ame' - meaning rain.

━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━

-

They say moving on wasn't easy. Thinking and reminiscing memories of the past could be another nightmare to hunt your dreams. But some says as you move on you will learn the essence of acceptance, to accept what's done and what is next. But what if you may have accepted it – and yet you can't move on.

We can't simply erase a memory that has been stuck within our minds. It is far from effortless. He knew that well, so well and he tried his best to fulfill that. But he just couldn't – he could never forget her. The girl who managed to take a hold of his frozen-walled heart and together with hers, she warmed it.

Making him vulnerable to the feelings.

He made his way down the path, tracing every area that caught his view; areas wherein memories resided. The infamous wind pillar is known to be aggressive, a loose cannon at which you wouldn't even have the slightest idea what his mind is up. That is why it is such a surprise to see him speaking in such low manner.

With a lady even.

As he trailed down the jagged path, his dull purple eyes glanced at a certain location. He stared for a while with the look of gentleness yet uncertainty plastered all over his features. It all came rushing back in, reminiscing such thoughts containing her. With that, he walked towards the porch.

The place was no different from before, it is still an enticing site – a simple spot to have a clear view of the sun and the right location to catch a gaze upon the swaying petals along the breeze. It's perfect, it was perfect. Because the only one missing is her figure sitting upon it.

The view he once adored had lost its beauty without her form in it.

Sanemi let out a light breath before walking further. With a stop, he scanned the place where she used to sojourn.

Then, he sat down.

With memories filling up his mind.

-

Sanemi knew that being a demon slayer meant to die. To throw away the past and make it a weapon in order to fight. As a hashira he is; one who takes a place among the higher ranks would have to protect and fight to the end of their life. He knew that so well, and any moment of war against the vilest creature would probable the time of death.