005

"So...no comments about how good he looks today?" Youngmin acted scared, approaching Eunji who was busy frowning throughout the whole lesson.

"Who are you talking about?" Eunji pretended to be clueless, continuing to write down the remaining notes from the board.

"Jungwon-"

"Don't you dare to mention his name near me ever again." She turned to her friend with spiteful eyes, before sighing exaggeratedly.

"That doesn't sound too good." Youngmin leaned forward with a concerned expression, "What happened? Yesterday you were so happy to sit next to him."

"It's just, I realised" The girl let her head drop onto her desk, before groaning, "that I should start focusing on school from now on. No more distractions whatsoever." Eunji said, the frown never once leaving her face, as she tried her best to calm down.
It's been exactly 20 hours since the thing happened at the rooftop and even though her friend hadn't noticed it yet, Eunji's never been this enraged before.

And the thing that annoyed her the most was the fact that she couldn't just pretend like nothing had happened.
It was bothering her more than she thought it would.

"It's scary hearing such thing coming out of your mouth." Youngmin chuckled, glancing at the test paper Eunji got back, "But seriously are you okay? You've been acting weird since yesterday."

"I just woke up deciding to change myself completely. No big deal." Eunji reassured her friend and sneakily glanced to the empty seat next to her.

But Youngmin caught her.
"Jungwon's at the library."

"I did not ask." Eunji spoke through gritted teeth, glaring at her friend's teasing face.
How did Youngmin know about his whereabouts anyway?
Eunji raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Sunghoon told me where he was." Youngmin added, as if she could read the other's mind.

"Sunghoon?" Eunji chuckled, quickly changing the topic, "I thought you were too shy to talk to him."

"I still am." Youngmin shrugged, smiling, "He talked to me first."

"There actually is something going on?" Eunj's eyes lit up, as she jumped up from her seat, "Why didn't you tell me?!"

Eunji was about to continue, when suddenly the classroom door closed, revealing no one other than the devil himself.
Well..close enough.

"Looks like this is my cue to leave." Youngmin nervously glanced to the side, grinning at her stunned friend, "See ya."

"Wait, Youngmin-"
And just like that, Eunji was left alone.

Clearing her throat, she put up the most nonchalant expression she had, before sitting down again.
Mentally preparing herself for Jungwon to finally reach their seat, she opened her folder, pretending to study for the next test.

Not even a second later, she could sense his cold presence sit down next to her. Eunji could feel him eye her intensely, but decided to play it cool by turning to the other side and hiding her face with her hair so it would function as some sort of wall between them.

This is so painfully awkward. Eunji thought, shutting her eyes close. Even though the whole class was quiet, she could feel how QUIET quiet their desk was.

After a seemingly endless lesson of algebra and other stuff which the girl couldn't quite remember, the bell finally ran, making Eunji jump up from her desk energetically.

"Eunji-" The boy next to her started, holding her pen which dropped to the ground after she excessively rose from her desk.

But the girl didn't answer, immediately turning away from him and packing her stuff in the speed of light, before running off.

Jungwon eyed her in surprise, watching her as she sprinted out of the classroom, "You sure drop your pen often..." He muttered under his breath, putting her pen in his own pencil case.

That's how it should've been from the very beginning. The boy thought, looking down, You not acknowledging my presence at all.

eunji's p.o.v

It's been a few days ever since I told myself to never think or speak of Jungwon ever again.
Ignoring him became no big deal in no time.

Yes, there were still times where I wanted to glare at him for being so unbothered, while I had a hard time at first, but running out of the room first and meeting Youngmin later somewhere else or wearing my hair down became a habit soon.

But then again, I just didn't get it.

"Eunji."

Why was I acting as if he broke up with me?
Before the rooftop incident we never talked to each other in the first place, so why was I getting so worked up about it?
It's not like things between us changed.

"Eunji..?"

I should just focus on getting rid of my little crush quietly and concentrate on school to become the smart logical-mathematical intelligent my mother always wanted me to be.

"Eunji??"

But it still stung a little.
Imagine your crush was telling you to get lost...My pride was hurt.

"Are you even listening?"
And before I knew it, I was swung around before being forcefully snapped out of my thoughts.

It look me less than two seconds to make out who was standing in front of me right now.

"Finally." The look in his eyes softened, "You finally noticed me."

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚