027

eunji's p.o.v

"Eunji!" I heard Jungwon call out to me when he saw me fall, but I could only shut my eyes close, giving up on my leg and every other body part I was going to lose because of this fall.

And so I waited for the impact with my eyes still closed.

But to my surprise the impact never came.

"Eunji, are you fucking insane? What do you think you are doing?" Jungwon expressed his anger, causing me to open my eyes again.

I looked around, breathing heavily. I only now realised that I've been holding my breath the whole entire time, "How...did I get on here?"

"Obviously I pulled you in." Jungwon spoke through gritted teeth, glaring at me angrily, "What the fuck was that, Eunji? Do you want to die?"

"No."

"Then why would you try to climb through the fucking window like that?!"

I stopped in my tracks.
Did he just raise his voice at me?

"Because you were on here!" I shot back, glaring at him back. How dare he be angry at me when he was the one who ran away first?

Jungwon was unable to reply as he sighed, taking a step back again. He seemed to have calmed down a little. "Eunji, you..you need to leave."

"What?"

"I said, Leave, Eunji." He closed his eyes, "Please."

My hand reached out for him, my voice softening noticeably, "Your eyes.."

This startled him.
"Don't come closer. I dare you." This time Jungwon's voice changed. He didn't sound angry anymore.

But more scared. As if he didn't know what would happen if I approached him.

"Why?" I tried to play my racing heart cool, "Are you going to bite me if I do?" I joked, but the way he stared at me with his bloodshot eyes made me regret it immediately.

"I might."

This left me speechless.

"You really need to leave, Eunji." Jungwon stumbled backwards and I noticed his eyes becoming teary, "I-I never held out for so long without blood before. Anything could happen now. I thought I could...resist it, but-"

My eyes widened, "Jungwon, when was the last time you drank blood?"

"2 weeks." He gulped, looking away from me, "The day you brought me to the janitor's room was the last time I've consumed blood."

eunji's p.o.v end

jungwon's p.o.v

"What?!" She gasped, "Why didn't you-"

"I told you! I wanted to avoid it as much as I could. And it worked! Eunji, it worked at first." My breathing started to become more and more difficult, "I didn't want to be a bloodtrinking..monster anymore."
For you. I wanted to stop for you.

She just stared at me in disbelief, when I continued, "And just when I thought I made it, everything hit me all at once. I-I wasn't prepared, I thought-"

"What happened?!" Eunji repeated, trying to help me snap out of it after putting both of her hands on my shoulders. I could feel the pain in my throat slowly but surely starting to suffocate me the more I talked.

"I-I.." I stammered, my eyes started to burn.

"What?"

"My vision...turned red. I-I couldn't-There was nothing I could do." I couldn't even talk properly. There was so much I wanted to say, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't form any sentences.
The thirst had never been this bad before.