009

"Why aren't you answering...?" Eunji's confident voice turned all small, when he continued to stay quiet.

There was it again.
That conflicted expression of his.
He looked like he was contemplating his answer and it made Eunji even more sceptical.

This is why she was called to the principal earlier...Jungwon thought, the frown on his face deepening.

"Jungwon, I need you to tell me the truth." She tried her best to prevent her voice from breaking, "You are the only one who...knew."

"You already know the answer, don't you?" He sounded unapologetic as he answered, just when Eunji thought he wasn't going to.

"What?"

The boy's cold gaze made her teary eyes widen, "Why are you asking me if it's obvious who did it?"

"Jungwon..." Eunji's breath hitched, as she shook her head in denial, "Are you serious right now?"

"Go ahead and tell them that I violated the rules as well. I was with you after all." He looked away, casually putting his hands into his pockets, "I don't really care."

"Are you kidding me?"

"I'm not." He stared into her eyes, "You dragged me here, knowing that I ratted you out. Why are you acting shocked?"

"You...son a bitch." Eunji muttered under her breath, unable to hide her shock. All this time she tried to deny it herself and continued to believe in him.

How could she be so stupid and trust him to keep it a secret in the first place? It was Jungwon they were talking about.

Turning around, the boy was just about to leave, his face colder than usual, "If that's all, I will be leaving."

"Jungwon."
He stopped in his tracks, when he heard her surprisingly firm voice.

"What's the deal with you? In all seriousness, I...just don't get it. I don't get you."
Jungwon started hearing footsteps behind him.

"I don't know what I did to you..." And before he knew it, she stood in front of him again, "but I don't think I deserved this."

The boy didn't answer - He couldn't. Jungwon was busy staring at her infuriated self. And he could see her figure trembling from anger.

"Seriously...Why do you hate me so much?"
There was not a trace of anger in her voice, but despair instead.

Eunji just didn't understand why in the world he would do that to her. Yes, they weren't on the best terms, but even then she didn't expect him to actually expose her just like that.

Jungwon now tried to calm his breathing down, still unable to answer. He started to feel nervous, now that she was eyeing him so intensely.

That's when it hit him.
The girl in front of him wasn't trembling from anger, but from coldness.

His coldness.

"Eunji, I-." Was the only thing he said, as she turned away.

"You know what, leave it. I think I'm better off not knowing your answer." The girl scoffed once again, huffing a breath as if she was trying to stop her tears from flowing, "Y-You are lucky then."