037

(a/n: ayo why is everyone so scared in my comment section😧 you guys will love me after this chapter I promise)
________________________

"Yes! Yes." Eunji verbalized her inner thoughts, feeling like crying again. It almost sounded like she was responding to her well-awaited proposal.

And if she was honest, her pounding heart was too loud for her to exactly hear what he was saying. The only word she caught was kiss.

And that's all she needed to hear.

The girl's loud pulse was contributing to the chaos inside of her head, making it even harder for her to stay composed.

With flushed cheeks, she decided to take things into her own hands. Placing her hand on the side of his wintry cold face, she gently pulled him towards her, her lips were formed into a soft smile.

Right before their lips would meet, Eunji stopped in her tracks, not wasting her chance to look into his eyes with a steady gaze beforehand. It was as if she was making sure for the last time that he was feeling the same way as she did.
And watching his pupils dilate under her intense gaze, Eunji was sure that the feeling was mutual.

And the next moment, it would be the boy who closed the gap between them, crashing his lips on hers here and now. The coldness from him and the warmth radiating from her were contrasting with each other.

Eunji's hand was now in his hair, caressing it ever so gently as she felt his hand fondling her back just as careful.

Oh, the kiss was clumsy. The kind of clumsiness you would expect when two individuals were having their first kiss together, giving in to their foolish feelings as they let go of their logical minds.
But regardless of the clumsiness, the kiss was full of love and sincerity. The sincerity no words could ever form.

Despite the synchronization they were moving in, she couldn't help but smile in-between the kiss when she felt him drawing her even closer to him.

In the short time the kiss lasted, a thought crossed Eunji's mind. After today, they would go on dates, share even more kisses and hold hands while having endless late night walks.

She would tell him how beautiful he was and how lucky she was to have him. And he would do the same.

Now that they finally admitted their reciprocal feelings for one another, they would happily live ever after. Together. At each others side.

Except- they don't.

Suddenly a tear hit the girl's cheek, causing her eyes to open. But the boy would only deepen the kiss, his hand traveling down to intertwine their hands together.

Why was he crying?
Eunji gently broke the kiss, her hand remaining in his hair as she stared into his eyes.

Was she that bad of a kisser?
She thought, tilting her head at him.

This was the perfect moment to tell him that she felt the same way.
If it wasn't obvious enough already,
"Jungwon, I like-"

"Don't." The boy breathlessly looked up to her, another tear rolling down his beguiling face. It broke her heart.

Not knowing that what he was going to say next, would break it even further.