028

Eunji intentionally ignored the pile of clothes in the corner of her eyes, as she laid on her bed while staring at her ceiling. It was late at night and she hasn't finished packing yet.

With her phone in her hand, she impatiently waited for the boy to answer her call.

"Hello?"

"Jungwon!" She spoke excitedly, flipping herself over so she would lay on her stomach, "How have you been?"

Jungwon on the other hand stopped for a moment, before he let out a chuckle, "We literally saw each other two days ago."

"So? I can still ask about my bestfriend's condition whenever I want." Eunji pouted as if he could see her through his phone.

Again, the boy stayed quiet for a moment. He was surprised at the term she used to describe their relationship.
Best friends.

Did he mean that much to her?

"I am feeling great."
Eunji could practically see his smile, "What about you? Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"I'm too unmotivated to pack my suitcase." She sighed, looking at her empty, red colored suitcase, "I'm escaping my duties and tasks by calling you."

"Woah, woah. You are using me? How dare you." Jungwon gasped exaggeratedly, "By the way, what are you packing for?"

"For Monday."

"What's Monday?"

There was a short break, before her loud voice startled him, "What do you mean?! The school trip?"

"Ah. Right." Jungwon looked down, a discouraged expression was on his face, "I'm not going."

"What?!" Eunji repeated in disbelief.

"I've never gone to any of our class trips before, Eunji." His voice was quiet, "What makes you think I will join this one?"

"We worked so hard for it, Jungwon!"
Eunji looked at her own ceiling in horror. The whole time she was being excited for nothing?

"I know..." He sighed as well, saddened. Imagining his father's displeased expression was enough for him to not even consider going in the first place, "I'm sure you guys are going to have fun nonetheless."

Eunji was slowly starting to grow tired, but knowing that Jungwon wasn't going to sleep anytime soon, she wanted to stay awake as well.

"You don't want to go?" She sounded gloomy.

"No, that's not it. I am not allowed to go."

"Are you serious?!" Eunji shook her head, trying to wake herself up from this nightmare. She spent these past days fantasizing about various activities and scenarios for their well deserved school trip.
And in almost all of them, Jungwon was included.

If he didn't join her and the others, everything would be ruined.

"My father isn't the biggest fan of social activities." Jungwon explained with a sad tone, "It's rather risky after all."

"Convince him to let you go." Eunji was determined, "Or I will."

The boy chuckled. Again.

"Alright, I will go ask him later. But I won't promise anything." Jungwon didn't sound too convinced.

Eunji would add, "Or...I will sneak you out of there."

"What?!"

"You heard me." The girl nodded enthusiastically, proud of her own scheme.

"Yeah, that's the worst idea I've ever heard, Eunji."

"I'm serious!"

"I am going to try and talk to him and if that doesn't work, I will come back to the sneaking out thing, alright?" Jungwon chuckled lowly and his calm voice, made the girl even more tired. She slowly felt her eyes close against her will, as she was falling asleep surely.