Frozen with fear

Rose's POV

We walked through the streets which looked like a ghost town, the only things in the streets were angels. Lucky all the angels were looking away from us so we didn't need to worry about the angels as much.

The doctor pulled me into a side street quickly.
"There is an angel out there which can easily spot us if we do any more closer," he says, "while we wait for that one to crumble we might as well check this thing again," he says while pulling the nunchucks out of his pocket.
"Who would use them?" I ask.
"What would use them," the doctor corrects me, "I don't think that whatever uses them is one hundred per cent human,"
"What do you mean? They are ether human or not human," I ask. The doctor looked at me and soniced the nunchucks. The screwdriver glowed blue with a soft hum.
"See, not a human DNA or a non-human DNA, it's in the middle, half-human, half creature," he says showing me the sonic screwdriver. I looked at it for a few seconds.
"I don't see anything?" I say. The doctor pulled the sonic screwdriver away again.
"Oh yeah sorry, wait there," he says putting the nunchucks in his pocket and pulls out his psychic paper and connected it to the screwdriver. He showed me the psychic paper instead and it had writing on it. 'DNA unrecognisable between 7 pm to 8 am,'
"So it was last used last night?" I asked. The doctor nods putting both his sonic screwdriver and his psychic paper in his pocket.
"So that means all the drama of people disappearing is happening at night,"
"And what time is it now?" I asked
"About 5 pm, we have about two hours till sunset," he replies after a few seconds. He looks out the alleyway and then turns back to me. "We need to get going now and quickly," I nod and walked over to him.

We exited the alleyway and walked down the street towards the flat. As we reached the flat there were a lot of angels around the doors. We heard a sound from behind us and we both looked around. There was nothing there. I looked back around and an angel was staring at us. I froze at the sight of it.
"Just move back slowly," the doctor said. I tried to move but I couldn't.
"I can't move," I said quietly to the doctor. He grabbed my hands and pulled me back gently. I still couldn't move but from the doctor pulling me back, I managed to move back. I stumbled but quickly steady myself. The angel suddenly crumbled and so did all the other within seconds of each other. I unfroze quickly and turned to the doctor.
"What happened?" He asked looking into my eyes
"I don't know, I couldn't move when the angel was looking at me," I said and quickly noticed the doctor wanted to ask me a question.
"Is your eye alright?" He asks. At first, I was confused until I did notice my eye felt a little irritated.
"Why? What's wrong," I asked.
"It looks very red," He said. I slightly rub my eye but the doctor quickly stopped me. "It might make it worse and because we don't know what it is at the moment making it worst could be very bad," I nodded and we walked towards the flat.

Before we entered I looked behind us just in case of any more weeping angels and lucky there were non behind us. As we walked up the stairs there was an angel on the stairs covering is eyes. I felt my heart starting to race at the sight of it. The lights in the hallway started to flicker making the room pitch black every time the lights turned off. The angel slowly got closer to us but again I couldn't move. My whole body felt paralysed the second the angel looked at us. The doctor slowly backed down the stairs until he reached me. He grabbed my arm trying to move me but I couldn't do anything to help, I was paralysed.

He pulled me backwards gently as the angel started to crumble. The lights suddenly stop flickering as the angel started to crumble. The dust fell onto the stairs and the gentle breeze coming from the open window blew the dust towards us.

As the head completely crumbled away the body fell forward on the stairs and slid down to the bottom. We both stepped out the way quickly as it fell and then we walked up the stairs. When we got to the top the doctor pulled me around to face him.
"Did anything else happen to you?" He asked. I shook my head.
"I don't know, I felt paralysed the second the angel was looking at me, I couldn't move at all but I could stay standing. It was like I froze," the doctor looks at my eye again.
"Just hold still for a second," He says and pulls out his sonic screwdriver. He lifts it to my eye and the blue gently light shone in my eye. After a few seconds, he turned it off and looked at it. He looked at the sonic screwdriver for a few seconds with a puzzled expression.
"What is it?" I asked sounding a little concerned. He looks back up at me before answering.
"Did you look into an angels eye for longer than ten seconds?" He asked.
"I looked into its eyes for no longer than five seconds then quickly looked away from its eyes," I say. The doctor nods.
"Have you has any kind of contact with an angel? In any way? When it was alive or when it was dust?" I stay silent for a few seconds thinking back.
"Yeah earlier,"
"What happened?"
"When the angel crumbled the wind blew the dust into my face which made me sneeze, I felt some of the dust go into my eye," I say and gradually slowing down as I spoke understanding exactly why the doctor asked me this question. The doctor clicks his fingers after a few seconds
"There must be a weeping angel inside of you. When the dust got into your eye it would have gotten inside of you," he pauses. "We just need to think of a way to get it out of you," he says quietly and I could tell this could be very dangerous.