Escape

Rose's POV

Suddenly the banging stopped but we all knew that wasn't the end of whatever was happening. We all paused waiting for the next thing to happen but it happened so suddenly we all jumped. A chainsaw slit through the door and the chainsaw turned on cutting through the wooden door.

"Out now," the doctor says and turns around to the window. For the second time in the evening we hopped out the window and suddenly stopped again. As we turned the corner of the flat there were two angels, slowly crumbled but staring right at us.
"Eve look in the left angel's eyes. Grace looks into the right angel's eyes," the doctor said. I crouched down and put both of my arms around Grace and Eve comforting them.

After a few seconds, the angels crumbled and both Eve and Grace stumbled back a little. The doctor quickly came over and looked into both of there eyes.
"They're fine," he says looking at me. But before anyone else could do anything the clown climbed out of the window and looked left and then right. We quickly ran trying to escape the clown. Within seconds of running, I knew the clown didn't see us so we went to hid back in the flat.

We went into the last available room and I quickly locked the door behind me. Before I could turn around the doctor put his hand on my shoulder which made me instant swill around.
"We need to go and find out what's going on but it's too dangerous to take Jay," the doctor says and I knew he was asking me if I had an idea of what to do.
"Do you think Emma could look after them?" I ask. The doctor stood and thought for a few seconds before agreeing. I looked over the doctor's shoulder and saw Jay nearly asleep on Emma's lap. It was quite late so I did expect him to be tired. The doctor walked over to Emma and I stayed at the door. He said something to her I couldn't hear and she nodded. But before he could come back over Grace stopped him. I sighed knowing that they would want to come.
"It's too dangerous," the doctor said to her. I walked over to help.
"Gracie," I said and she turns around to face me. "It's too dangerous for you, you saw them clowns with chainsaws,"
"But you and daddy going," she protests
"We have been on so many very dangerous adventures before, don't worry," I say and she puts her hands around me.
"But what if you get hurt?" She asks
"We won't, we will be extra careful outside," I said and gently pulled out of the hug.
"But you might," she says looking at me with worried eyes.
"I'm sure if we do it will be alright," I try to reinsure her again. But before Grace can ask any more questions I heard another voice from behind me speak.
"When will you be back?" Eve asks from the sofa behind us, sounding as worried as Grace.
"We won't be gone long, probably back around sunrise," I say while looking over to the armchair where Emma was sitting and Jay was already asleep on her.

"We need to go now if we want to be back by sunrise," the doctor says. I nod and picked Grace up and put her down next to Eve on the sofa.
"We'll be back soon," I say to them both and they nod.

I turn back around and walked to the door where the doctor was standing. We walked out the door and closed it before either one of us spoke.
"I'm surprised they didn't try and persuade you to come more," the doctor laughs.
"I think they understood it was a little too dangerous for them," I say. "They did see that the clown had a chainsaw and I think that did scare them enough for them not to want to come," we both started silently for the next few seconds until we reached the bottom door.
"Ready?" The doctor asks and looks at me. I nod and I open the door.
"So what do we do first?" I ask quietly.
"We try and see what the clowns are trying to do without them seeing us," the doctor says. He takes my hand and we walk to the closes alleyway and hid in the dark for a bit, waiting for a clown to walk passed.

We waiting in silence for what seemed like days but a clown walked back dragging a chainsaw behind it. The sound of the plastic scrapping the floor was horrible but it quickly stopped and it looked around. We both hid in the shadows again hoping not to be seen. I could hear the breathing of the clown only a few meters away from me and the cold wind brushed against me.

The doctor grabs my hand and I jump, forgetting he was next to me. I squeeze his hand and leant my head back against the wall. Suddenly the clown moves on and I felt relief hit me.
"Come on this way," the doctor says and stands back. He pulls me up and we quickly ran to another alleyway.

I looked around and saw so many clowns walking down one street, too many for me to count quickly. But before I can look around anymore the doctor pulls me into another dark, long alleyway.
"Duck down quick, I think one saw us," without wasting another second I crouch down into the darkness. The clown walked passed the alleyway and stopped suddenly, looking into the alleyway. It looked straight forward passed where I and the doctor were crouched, practically sitting now. All I could hear was the gently sound of the wind and the breathing of the clown which was now standing right next to us. Suddenly the quietness was interrupted by the sound of a squeal, but it was a familiar squeal.
"Isn't that Gracie?" The doctor asks quietly. The clown quickly turns around and runs off.
"Follow it," I say and stood back up.