Everyday life

The doctor's POV

It had been about two months after the weeping angel and clown incident. The next day Rose asked about the weeping angels again and if they were extinct after what happened to them. I knew there were still many angels around time so I took her to see one. It was only a few second trip and lucky the angels didn't see us. We went to the future, one hundred years into the future when everyone was asleep. After that, I couldn't risk the TARDIS getting stuck around the angels so after I quickly move us to the time vortex and I let the TARDIS float around for a bit.

I was doing a few repairs on the TARDIS when Rose came in and spoke.
"Doctor have you seen Emma, Gracie, Evelyn or Jay anywhere? I've been looking for about five minutes now and can't find them anywhere," She asked, I put my sonic screwdriver back into my pocket and climbed out the controls.
"I haven't seen them since this morning, although I'm sure if you find one you will find the rest," I say and walked over to Rose.
"Probably causing trouble somewhere," Rose laughs "whenever they aren't in the library or the control room they are normally causing trouble around the TARDIS,"

The TARDIS hums up us and I look around, the sound of splashing came from the controls.
"Looks like they are in the pool," Rose says.
"Sounds like they are in the pool," I context her. She looks at me and smiled and I returned it with a cheeky grin.
"I'll go and check the pool," she says and walks out the control room.

At this point I had finished doing all the work on the TARDIS controls so I followed Rose into the pool area, which was just through the library and out the other door at the end.

I walked in and stood next to Rose as we watch them all playing around in the pool. Somehow they found the swimming costumes. Emma had a red and dark blue striped swimming costume, Grace had a green one, Eve had a blue one with green spots on it and Jay had some black swimming trunks.

Eve and Grace have always been quite good swimmers and were racing each other up and down the pool while Emma was helping Jay swim.

Both Rose and I stood watching them waiting for one of them to notice, which was about two minutes. Emma looked up at us and smiled but didn't say anything and went back to helping Jay swim. Then about five minutes later Grace saw us.
"Do you like my swimming?" She asked us.
"You both can swim really well," I say to Grace and Eve. But before I can say anything else Eve spoke.
"Race you to the end of the pool and back," she smiles and Grace nods and they both go off again swimming.
"At least swimming might tired them out so they sleep at night," Rose says with a laugh.
"We can only hope,"

Later that day Rose and I were in the kitchen just talking while Emma, Grace, Eve and Jay in the library.
"When do you think we should take them all on another adventure?" Rose asked.
"Soon, we just need to make sure and hope it doesn't end up like the last one," I replied. Rose nods and picks up her drink from the table.
"What are they all doing on in the library?" I asked curiously.
"I have no idea, I left them in there about two hours ago so god knows what they are doing by now," she says while putting her drink back on the table.
"Should we go and check?" I asked
"Yeah let go," Rose says and walks over to the door. I follow her as we approach the library door, there was the sound of the piano being played and the guitar also being played and singing. Rose looked at me and I smiled as I open the door.

We look over to the piano and Eve was on the right side of the piano and Jay was on the left and they were both playing a melody along with Grace on the armchair next to them with her acoustic guitar playing along with the melody. Emma was standing next to Jay helping him play and watching as they all sang along. It was a gentle, calm song and it sounded nice.
"How long has Jay been able to play the piano?" Rose asked quietly.
"I didn't know he could even play," I replied.

Eve and Jay stop playing and turned it into a rhythm as Grace does a guitar solo which sounded really good and it also sounded really complex. I looked at Rose next to me and she seemed to be enjoying it.

They finish the song and Emma speaks.
"That was really good," she says and looks over to Grace. "And you nailed that guitar solo as well," she says and looks up at as which makes everyone else turned around.
"That was really good," Rose says and walks over to them. "But when you play the last bit on piano try this instead," she says and puts her right hand on the keys and plays the last bit of the song. "Better and easier hand movements," she takes her hand off the keys and lets Jay have a try and he almost gets it right first go.
"Keep trying at it," Emma says and I walk over to the sofa, which was behind the sofa. Rose came and sat down next to me.
"I didn't know you could play the piano," I say.
"I can't play much. Although I know good hand movements and placements by just listing to a song, I used to play when I was younger," she says.

The TARDIS hums and I knew instantly what that hum was.
"Teas ready," I say and they all run to the kitchen as Emma puts the guitar by the piano and walks out as well. I stood up and waited for Rose to stand up as well.
"What is for tea?" Rose asked.
"If I'm honest I have no idea," I laugh. Rose joins me and also giggles. She looks at me I'm the eye for a few seconds and I smile as she puts her arms around me.
"I love you," she says. I return the hug and also the words.
"I love you too,"