Chapter 2✅

I smile at Larry, "It's good to see you again".

I leave him and his grandson William who I didn't acknowledge and open my front door. I take my shoes off and hang my coat up only to walk into the living room to see my boyfriend Alex waiting for me.

"I just saw the Stammers all three of them in the village, why didn't you tell me that they're moving here Alex?"

He comes over to me and take the milk off me and fills the kettle up in the kitchen and get two mugs out.

"I didn't know, they told me they bought a house here when I told them I was working at Suffolk General Hospital as a surprise. I could hardly say no don't do it Cassie besides they told me after the fact."

I look over at Alex he was six foot two inches tall with blonde hair and blue-green eyes.  My gosh he was handsome but boy did he know it. He was wearing a green jumper over a white button down shirt and black jeans that looked like they were moulded to his thighs and legs. The kettle boiled and he makes us both a cup of tea, milk with two sugars for me and milk with one sugar for him.

We walk back into the living room, "Its shitty I had to find out from that family about them moving here, you should have told me. How do you think it makes me feel being surprised like that. Not to mention they knew we're friends they will be wondering why I didn't know in the first place".

"I knew you would be mad okay, how do you think I feel I'm suppose to be moving in here with you. We're suppose to be two best friends sharing a house cause it's cheaper rent wise".

"You're moving in with them aren't you?"

"I'm suppose to be her fiance, how would it look for me not to live with her".

"Technically they think we're renting here, how are I suppose to be able to afford the rent without your half of the money".

I watch Alex rake a hand through his blonde hair. "I'll find a way to sort this, I'll tell her I'll stay here till after we're married. We get to have some alone time together ok Cassie".

"I get to be your dirty little secret in front of my family and friends, it was better at uni they lived elsewhere we could date, do couplely things".

"You're not a dirty little secret Cassie, I love you".

"I'm still your secret Alex, dirty or not, I'm going to have to watch you be with her". I stand up and he takes my cup away from me and hugs me then he kisses me passionately and lead me upstairs.

Tuesday

I'm lying in bed with Alex still asleep next to me, I hate that I gave in so easily to him and we never finished our discussion last night. I get up and head for the bathroom where I brush my teeth and take a shower I walk into our bedroom clad in only a towel.

"I'm sorry Cassie, I'm just not ready to let the world know yet"

"I can't believe I've ended up on the end of the cliché we hear some much about. The one of the taken guy promising to leave his wife or girlfriend to be with his girlfriend but never do. It's been three years Alex!  We've been together. At some point you need to start asking yourself why am I wasting Cassie's time".

"I.."

"Go brush your teeth and shower Alex, I'll make a start on breakfast".

I'm dishing up bacon and eggs when he walks into the kitchen. "Let's go on holiday we both need a break". I nod, "Great I'll book it".

He ask me to do something for him and smiles when I said ok. We ate our breakfast talking about where we should go on holiday.

In the end we rented a cottage in Scotland for one week then we went to Vegas for another week. I told mum and Teddy I was visiting a friend for a week then we were going to Spain for a week. Alex told me he told the Stammers a friend from university asked him for his help to set up his new medical practice and he agreed. They didn't know we went away together.

Thursday(3 weeks later)

We're back home it was nice to have Alex to myself. I unpack and head for the pub accidentally walk into Abbey, Alex's sister.

"Cassie", she hugs me. "I can't believe this is my first time seeing you since you moved back home weeks ago. I want you to meet my brother Alex, he's been down south helping out a mate he's due back today".

I'm thinking to myself this is awkward, not only do I know him but I'm sleeping with him. Should I say I know him, then I remember the Stammers know me very well and will assume Abbey knows about me and Alex's friendship.

"Actually I've met him at university in my first year he was starting in his third".

"You never said you knew our Alex, are you guys friendly with each other?"

"Yeah we're, he's my best friend now".

"I'm happy that you two are friends, did you hear about the family that bought Manor House proper loaded they're. The woman, the daughter I think keeps looking at me whenever I see her. It's kinda weird".

I smile at Abbey, thinking to myself Alex better tell his family about Amy in the knowledge she will go ballistic if he doesn't. "I'm sure she has her reasons for behaving that way towards you, where is Alex by the way?"

"He should be back by now, he said to meet him in the pub at one. It's ten to now, so he's due any minute now".

Abbey stops talking and I follow her eyeliner to see Amy and Alex enter the pub. "Cassie it's so good to see you again I heard you went away".

I look at Amy not wanting to answer, Alex is looking everywhere but at me.

"Yeah with some mates to Spain it was good".

Abbey looks at Amy, "Abbey this is my fiancée Amy Stammer, Amy my sister Abbey".

Abbey punch Alex, "You should have introduced us sooner I thought she was some weirdo looking at me all the time".

Alex look over at me he hasn't verbally acknowledge me as yet, "Cassie why don't you have lunch with us. I'm sure you guys have things to catch up on", says Amy.

I sit in a booth opposite Alex and Amy wondering what the hell he's still doing with her, then I hear Amy ask Alex when she should book the wedding for. Since the vicar as several dates free.

"You're getting married?" Ask Abbey as if she forgot how Amy was introduce to her.

Alex looks uncomfortable and say, "We've discussed it".

"I'm starving I cut in, let's order".