Family

Thursday

Jamie got Paul and his wife Emily new mobile phones and Alex and I paid off his debts. I can't help thinking the person bugging us must work for the underworld or in security.

They must have a company or know someone in the know to be able to get their hands so readily on these listening devices. Then diary a horrible thought came to me Nora told us about the bugs in our home but not the one at Teddy's.

The second time we found bugs wasn't she up here not long after. Then why act scared then with her I will not be blackmail statement. Her child lives with me for Pete's sake.

Then I thought about Amy did she have something to do with this. I talked to Teddy at lunch the only time he has interact with her. Was that one time he tried to run interference when Alex and I was still a secret. Could she really be so vindictive because a bloke doesn't want her. That she would go to such lengths to destroy Alex's and I happiness.

Alex, mom and I was in the living room at my house, "We need to ask people if they've seen Amy since she's left. "Alex did she make any friends in this village that you're aware of?"

He looks at me and shakes his head no, "She wasn't really here long enough to make any lasting friends as far as I'm aware".

"We still need to discreetly ask around", I say to the room.

"I think that's a good idea love how's Katie?"

"Lauren says she's doing well I can't wait till she's out of our life for good", I say to the room.

"We still don't know why she went back to America so quickly her visa is fine", says Alex.

"Do you think someone approached her like they did Paul. If they did it didn't make sense her going to live in London like a sitting duck", says my mum.

"She already knew about Steve and what she said to me was inexcusable. She took money from us and broke the contract".

My mum sits up in her seat, "What if she went back to fight you in America for the baby. There are groups that will help her I'm sure of it".

Alex laughs, "First of all that baby is not related to her through DNA in anyway. Clearly she was being a surrogate for the money and from what we know about her now. I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't try to get money out of other couples she's worked with as well".

"I think if she was approached she would have tried to get the upper hand, her every moved is watched by not only Lauren but by bodyguards as well. One of them even befriended her but she doesn't know who the women really is".

We no longer speak to Katie which is a shame. She came across as being so nice when we first meet her and for a while we were all fooled.

"Paul is unemployed and could have taken the money and run and we would never have known. We were paying her and she still tried to take our child from us",  I could see my tone scared mum.

Friday

Katie is a week overdue Alex and I are on a plane to American for three weeks. Laura will be in the delivery room with her. It would have been too awkward for Alex and I to be there given everything that's happened. We've employed private police to watch her room twenty-four-seven while she's in hospital. So she doesn't disappear with our baby.

Monday

We land back in Britain with Miles around eight am the flight was long and exhausting. Mum has been staying with Becca at the house. We walked into the living room to find mum folding baby clothes.