Shock

I hear the doorbell and I see William Stammer standing there. "Hi Cassie I need you and Alex's help. There is no reason for you to let me in and I should be upset with you for you and Alex's affair behind my mother's back. The thing is I came across some stuff about you on Facebook and I need your help".

I didn't want him in my house the truth is I didn't trust anyone with the last name Stammer. Something in his tone made me want to hear what he had to say though.

"Give me a minute", I close the front door and tell Alex about our visitor.

"His mother told us that story about her mother remember. He's not allowed in here it could be a trap".

"I'll take him for a walk", I tell Alex.

"Ask him if his family knows he's here I don't want us to be done for harbouring a runaway minor. If not he needs to call his mother".

I put on my coat and shoes and William and I walk around till we find somewhere to sit that was semi private. I needed people to see us in the open but not be able to hear our conversation. What he told me diary floored me my heart broke for him. I tell him to call his mother and tell her where he was. He makes her promise not to tell his grandfather.

Two and a half later there was a knock on our front door. I open it to see Amy and her father.

"You promise him that he wouldn't be here", I say to Amy in disbelief.

"You've gone back on your word", screams William.

"He's a fourteen year old child I'm not making any promises to him. I'm the adult here not him. Have you been filling his head with crap".

She turns to her son, "Darling I don't understand why you're here. You know what Cassie and Alex did to mummy you're suppose to be on my side".

"Not everything is about you mother god you're so selfish. Everything is always about you".

"How DARE you speak to your mother like that", screams Ethan".

"Why are you here William I don't understand why here?"

"I needed to talk to someone who understands what I'm going through mother".

"What do you mean what you're going through. You haven't seen these people in over a year you've nothing in common with them. They're twice your age you shouldn't be here".

"I do mother when you were dating Alex he didn't see us often. That first year he a stranger to me try to get me to open up and talk. I told him I was unhappy and wished I was away at boarding school away from the house".

Amy looks deep in thought, "He persuaded me to send you to boarding school all those years ago. I thought he was trying to get you out the way it turns out you wanted to go", she looked hurt by that realisation.

"So because he was nice to you once you decided to visit him that's insane William".

"No mother I decided to visit him because you want to take me out of boarding school. And right now two thoughts are going through my head. I kill myself to make sure he can't hurt me again or I kill him to make sure he can't hurt me again. Then I look at how Cassie didn't let her abuse destroy her and I want that for myself. I want to be that strong".

I watched Amy has her son's words sinks in and she starts to cry,"What abuse son has someone been hitting you. Tell me please and I'll put a stop to it".

William looks at me and you can see the moment it clicks for Amy the type of abuse her son meant. When William told me about his abuse I took him to the house. Alex wasn't happy to see him in our home but William ate the snack I prepared for him I told Alex what he told me. I know Alex would have texted Fred the minute he heard Ethan was here.

"Who's been hurting you son?" Ask Amy.

William looks at me I mouthed, "It's okay", to him.

"Grandad's been hurting me I tried to tell you so many times mum so many bloody times. You know how he married grandma when she was eighteen and he was thirty he told me he use to do the same thing to her. How he end up married to her and a whole bunch of other stuff I'll be telling the police".

I watched Amy slap her father, "Mum told me she was abused and all along it was you. You bastard".

The police shows up, "I need to ask Amy did you bug our home and try to sabotage my trial. Then pay someone I work with to lie about me to get me fired?"

She walks up to me and look me right in the eye. "We both did wrong you for having that affair with Alex and me for outing the affair the way I did. Then for trying to break up your uncle's marriage. I meant every word I said to you that day about your father. I owe you and your husband a debt of thanks for today. I'll always be in your debt. I didn't try to sabotage anything for you. Yes I copied your keys which was wrong".

"I'm going to give you my phone number please text me and let me know how he's getting on", I give her my number.

One of the officers ask me if I wanted her done for breaking and entering. I tell him no.

I listen as William tells the officers his story and Ethan is handcuffed and led away. Diary I've never been so happy I survived my suicide. As I close the door I thank my uncle Fred and invite him in for a drink which he declined.

I look at Alex and he hugs me we break apart when we hear cries coming from the baby monitor. We walk upstairs and see to Miles I'm lucky that he won't ever have to worry about a family member hurting him.

A hour later I get a text off Amy and her son thanking me again for my help. Personally I don't think I did anything.

It's now been two weeks since William came to the house Alex and I have spoken to Amy several times. She thinks her father is behind everything.

She admitted in the beginnings she was going to put bugs in the house and wanted to destroy my relationship. When she heard about my father she stopped any revenge notion she had. When I ask her about that day it looked like she was trying to get in our home. She admitted she wanted to get inside to destroy it. She was still angry at Alex and myself and couldn't take that we were happy.

I ask her again if she played any part in what we have been dealing with. She admitted she had drawn up a plan for revenge but didn't go through with it. We ask her if she told Katie to kill our child there was a gasp before she answered no. I ask how she knew about Katie she said nothing. When I asked her if she knew about Katie's brother now needing a wheelchair she was in shock.

After the phone call I look at Alex, "She's not being honest and I know her son isn't lying about the abuse", he kiss me on the forehead.

"If she want us to trust her she has to provide the proof against her father".

Alex was right I personally wouldn't trust her and I suspect he didn't either. We needed her she was the only one that can help us get our lives back.