Changes

When Becca said that diary I noticed the look of I don't want to say joy but Nora seemed relieved. Nora seemed relieved to not see her own child.

"Does Steve have any right in regards to Becca?"  I ask Nora, "Or your husband?"

"Steve gave it up so he didn't have to pay child support and my husband have none over her".

"I can get the paper work draw up tonight for you to give up your rights?"

"It's Friday night Alex it's impossible".

"You'll be surprise what you can get done when you know the right people. You know there needs to be a termination order done", Nora nods.

Nora left but Becca stayed with me, Alex, Teddy and mum for the night. We ate some more food and talk about how it will be for Becca when she moves up here permanently. I expected Nora to fight for her but she really didn't. Knowing now she know about Steve and did nothing about it makes me furious. She had the power to stop the abuse and chose not to.

I get to spent time with my sister at last and I'm in a more happy place than sad at the moment. It's the little positives you've to hold on to.

December 22

Alex and Teddy made us breakfast which we ate then went to the B&B to get Nora.

Money does talk it seems and everything with Becca can be done privately. It helps that Nora is willing giving up her rights of her own free will. Somehow a judge was available and Nora was down on record giving up Becca of her own free will.

Mum went down to London with Nora and Becca to help her pack up her belongings. I find it weird that at no point yesterday was Liam, Nora's husband really mention in regards to Becca wanting to move here. He has been her step dad for a while yet there was no mention of he's going to miss her or even her siblings.

I go into work and remind my boss the trial starts on the 2nd of January. My case load has gotten bigger and bigger.

Today I had a supervise visit between a child and his father who was suspected of abusing him. It was hard to be there I didn't think the father had a right to see the child. Unfortunately it was a case I inherited.

Teddy text me and ask me to visit him after work before I go round there I stop off at the chippy and get him fish and chips.

He was eating his fish and chips when he said, "Yesterday must have been hard for you?"

"Yes it was Nora deciding not to testify is going to hurt my case".

He tells me he doesn't mean that but what she said about knowing and not doing anything about it.

"Teddy I say to him I was livid hearing it but after seeing and hearing everything yesterday I can't dwell on it. In less than two week the court case starts and I have a sister to get to know".

I go home after leaving Teddy and start to wrap presents. I need to buy Becca some presents for Christmas and she will need to go shopping for school supplies. I'm walking to the pub and I'm stopped in my tracks by Amy Stammers. She looks at me, "Cassie how are you I heard about your dad".

"If you heard about my dad you've also heard about my marriage as well to your ex-fiancé".

she smiles at me, "What the two of you did was hurtful but I could've handled it better".

"For what it's worth", I say to her. "I'm sorry I was wrong to cheat with your fiancé I can't give you a reason for it. Wrong is wrong and I hope some day you can forgive me for what I did to you, again I'm sorry. You know that day at the garage when you tried to get my uncle to cheat with you. I tried to commit suicide that weekend."