Conversing With The Uncles

After Harry's outburst, Lily and James had had a serious conversation. Afterwards, James had also apologized to Harry, and from then on, they had been much more careful with how much time they dedicated to both of their kids.

Rose had been annoyed, but if she announced her feelings, she would be scolded, so after a while, she just shut up.

Harry was more than pleased with this development. Now that they were functioning like a normal four-people family, he decided to have a talk with his two uncles next.

One day, when the two were alone, he knocked on their door.

"Uncle Padfoot? Uncle Moony?"

The door opened to reveal Remus, and he beamed up at the werewolf.

"I want to talk to you about something. May I come in?"

The man nodded, opening the door wider. Inside, Sirius sat on a chair, reading a book. When he saw the seven-year-old, he closed it, putting it aside.

"Prongslet! What brings you here?" he asked enthusiastically, and Harry's smile completely vanished, taking a serious look.

The two adults were stunned. Even if Harry was quite the formal child, he always smiled. This cold boy in front of them was a stranger.

"I'll be direct," he said, taking a seat on the other chair. "Gringotts wants you to claim your Lordship. All the investments are going to waste, and goblins abhor wasting money."

Sirius blinked, stunned.

"But I'm disowned!" he pointed out, which Harry clicked his tongue at.

"If you really were, then I wouldn't be the Heir. You are biologically 1/3rd my parent after all."

The two adults were stunned. Sirius really was Lord Black? This was news to them.

"Wait," Remus said thoughtfully. "How do you know what Gringotts wants?"

Harry's look turned into a cold smile.

"Goblins actually quite like those who respect their culture." he said, and the two looked away from the sharp stare guiltily. They hadn't even known that.

Sirius cleared his throat.

"Alright, when do they want me to go there?"

Harry took out the letter, handing it to him.

_______________________________________

Heir Potter-Peverell-Black-Gryffindor,

It has come to our attention that your godfather, Sirius Orion Black, has not come to claim his Lordship of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black.

We ask of you to convey this piece of information to him.

He is to claim his Lordship as soon as possible.

May Lady Magic be with you,

Ragnok, Head of Gringotts Britain Branch

_______________________________________

Sirius flopped back in his seat, taking in the information. Hadn't his mother disowned him? How was this possible?

As if reading his mind, Harry spoke up.

"Burning your face in the Ancestral Tree is not enough to disown you. Only Lord Black has the authority to thrown a member out of his family."

Sirius' eyes snapped back to Harry, narrowed.

"You know quite a lot for your age." he said, suspicious and searching, and Harry chuckled dryly at that.

"You would have known that if you have me even the slightest bit of your attention." At the guilt looks he sighed. "Look, I'm not accusing you, just stating facts. I know I'm not exactly like my father or my mother, but I'd appreciate it if you still spent some time with me."

He then stood up, nodding his head once at them, and walked out of the room.

After he was gone, Sirius turned to Remus with a sad expression on his face.

"Did we really ignore him like he said?" he asked. "We did play with him, didn't we?"

But as both of them tried to remember anything they had done with the green-eyed child, they realized that the last time they had even talked to him was two years ago.

Sirius slumped down to the ground in horror, while Remus froze, guilt washing like waves over them.

"I can't believe it! I'm a failure of a godfather!" Sirius cried out, silent tears running down his cheeks.

Remus wasn't any better. Moony was growling at him for abandoning his cub. He also realized something very shocking: his wolf hadn't recognized Rose as his cub.

But that couldn't be true! He was her godfather for Merlin's sake. How could she not be his cub.

That night, both went to bed, seriously confused and upset.

In his room, Harry smiled. He had managed to get back his two uncles as well.

And that was enough to him for now.

It didn't matter that he didn't have any friends. He had a family once again, and he was going to enjoy that thoroughly.

And as that though ran through his head again, Fate chuckled.

Oh, Harry wouldn't know what was coming for him.

A shudder ran through Harry, even when his room was quite warm.

Oh yes, Fate decided, this boy would not know what was going for him at all.