Exam Results

After greeting his mother properly and once again being squished into a hug, Harry was approached by his uncles who did the same.

Sirius kept asking him if he ranked anyone while Remus asked about his exams. In the end, he managed to escape from their grasp and brushed himself off, straightening his clothes and hair with a mock glare, causing the two to chuckle.

"Yes, I did prank people, no I'm not going to tell you who or when, and my exam scores are in my bag," he answered, then reached into his rucksack hanging from his shoulder, and opened it, inspecting the inside and taking out a piece of parchment.

He scanned it, then reached it out, and the three adults grabbed it excitedly.

The parchment's contents were surprising, to say the least, and all three were left gaping.

_______________________________________

Name: Harry James Potter
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 1

Scores:

Transfiguration: O+
Charms: O+
Defence Against the Dark Arts: O+
Potions: O+
Herbology: O
Astronomy: O+
History of Magic: O
Flying: O+

Ranking:

Ravenclaw: 1/10
Overall: 1/40

It is to be noted that Mr Potter's scores have been recognised as the highest ever recorded and will be entered into Ministry records.

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

_______________________________________

The three adults raised their heads and gawked at Harry, lips moving but no words coming out.

After several minutes, Lily finally managed to make a sound.

"H-harry..." she said, voice shaky and eyes glassy. "This is amazing!"

She then threw herself at the boy, sobbing while hugging him, tears running down her face.

Both Sirius and Remus were still dumbfounded, but the movement broke their paralysis and they also rushed over, congratulating him while patting his back, large identical grins on their faces.

"I'm proud of you, Pup," Sirius said, his toothy smile seeming extremely dog-like, and ruffled Harry's hair, accumulating an irked whine from the boy.

Harry pouted, his eyes sparkling mischievously, and suddenly leapt on his back, making him stumble and struggle to gain balance, and the jewel-eyed boy laughed at his struggle, his voice clear and pure, startling the adults.

Harry had never laughed so genuinely before. Sirius managed to snap out of his trance, and turned into his Animagus form, earning an alarmed shriek from the boy on top of him, and started running around.

Lily smiled at the two, a smile as sad as it was happy. Harry was finally opening up to them.

After the defeat of Voldemort, Sirius and James had registered to the Ministry as Animagi, and because of the war, they hadn't been punished heavily, being let off with a fine that they had both easily paid thanks to their families' massive treasuries.

In fact, the fine hadn't even put a dent on either of their assets. That was how much money they had.

Because if an average Wizard was fined that much money, it would be equal to around half a decade of salary, and that was saying something.

The family was having fun when they were approached by their two additions, and the mood immediately turned sour.

"Stop acting so childish! You're tarnishing the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter's reputation!"

Harry raised his head, and seeing his father and sister, sighed, leaping off of Sirius, the man turning back into human as he did so.

Sirius dusted himself off, then pouted at the man.

"Come on, James, you can be more lenient! He's only eleven. Cut him some slack, we were the same at his age!"

James fumed, but not wanting to oppose Sirius, didn't respond, instead turning to Rose and ruffling her hair.

"Well, at least Rose is mature." His eyes then lit, and he crouched down. "Oh, didn't you say your exams went good? Come on, show me your scores!"

Rose froze and started glancing around in panic. Harry couldn't help but snicker into his palm, an act not unnoticed by the two.

Rose exploded into red and rushed towards him.

"You!" she cried out, pointing an accusing finger at him. "What are you laughing at? You think you're so funny? I can assure you, I did better than you at least!" She then spat on the ground before him. "Filth."

Lily's face morphed into anger, and she furiously walked to the two.

"Rose! How dare you call your brother that! Apologize, now!"

Rose humphed, turning her head to the side stubbornly, and Lily seemed to once again say something before Harry broke in.

"I'd like to see your score, then, if you're so sure."

And with that, Rose once again froze, panic rising to her face.

James, unaware of his daughter's thoughts, nodded.

"That's fair," he said. Rose turned her father, but she was too late. "Accio Rose's results."

A parchment looking identical to Harry's flew to his hand from Rose's trunk, and the man opened it.

His face morphed into horror as he did so, and he looked from the girl to the paper repeatedly, disbelief plastered on his face.

"Rose... What?" In his shock, he let go of the parchment, and it floated to the ground, face upwards, the scores visible for everyone to see.

_______________________________________

Name: Rose Lily Potter
House: Gryffindor
Year: 1

Scores:

Transfiguration: EE
Charms: A
Defence Against the Dark Arts: EE
Potions: T
Herbology: D
Astronomy: P
History of Magic: T
Flying: O+

Ranking:

Gryffindor: 7/10
Overall: 31/40

Miss Potter is required to be tested at the start of her next year for her failed classes and will be held down a grade unless she scores an 'Acceptable' for each and every one of them.

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

_______________________________________

Lily covered her mouth in shock, while Sirius and Remus just stared at the girl. Even the Marauders hadn't ever scored that bad, and they hadn't studied at all for their first three years!

Harry turned to her sister with a sigh.

"Are you absolutely sure you have outscored me, Rose?" he asked, and the mentioned girl turned bright red, a deep scowl etched on her face.

Even through all the embarrassment, she nodded her head, pride taking over any rationality she had left.

"Yes!" she insisted stubbornly.

Harry sighed in disappointment. To think this pig-headed idiot was actually related to him.

Gently taking his results from his mother's hands, he handed the parchment over to the girl, who snatched it in annoyance.

She froze entirely when she scanned the contents, taking a step backwards in horror.

"No! This isn't possible!" she cried out, although it came out more like a whisper.

Harry smiled sadly at the pitiful being in front of him.

"Sister... It is possible. Why? One word: studying."

And Rose Potter's world came crashing down around her.