Against The Sycophants

It was around a week later that the Golden Trio faced Voldemort and 'rescued' the 'stone'.

In reality, Harry had planted a magical bug on his sister while matching its frequency with the girl's, so that it wouldn't be noticed by the genius Dark Lord.

Since they were twins, it hadn't taken much work, only a few tweaks and it was the same as the girl's rust-coloured magic.

Harry's own magic was a brilliant green, but to the eyes of those without Mage Sight, it could only be seen as completely grey.

Harry was a neutral mage. He used both Light and Dark magic but was unaffected by their consequences.

Adding the fact that he was the Master of Death, his magic could only be grey.

Because Death could only be grey.

Harry's eyes slid onto Dumbledore as the man gave a speech about Slytherin winning. Then, of course, the 'but' came.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin. But we have some last-minute points to add."

The Hall quietened down, and Harry sighed.

"Giving points after no more points can be given? That's assuring the ones he favours win, isn't it?"

A few murmurs of agreement could be heard from his sides but as Dumbledore opened his mouth again, they were silenced.

He made excuses to give Granger and Weasley 50 points each, then 60 points to Rose, and finally, 10 points to Neville, securing Gryffindor the winner position.

The Gryffindors roared in happiness, but they were the only ones happy.

All three other Houses looked on at the scene in disgust: it was so obvious that Dumbledore was biased! It was disgusting, the unfairness.

And so, Harry raised his hand, a slight smirk on his lips, and the students slowly silenced by the action.

Dumbledore let out a 'tired' sigh.

"Yes, Harry, my boy?"

Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Firstly, Headmaster, I have repeatedly told you that we are not so close that you can call me with such intimacy, and secondly, I would like to ask why you chose to award points to Gryffindor today."

Dumbledore feigned surprise.

"I have just explained why," he said questioning my, and Harry shook his head in poorly concealed disappointment, on purpose, of course.

"Headmaster, the actions to earn these points were taken days ago. I must ask, why did you not award these points earlier? Because of your late point giving, the other Houses do not have a chance to earn more points, and therefore Gryffindor has won unjustly. I am only saying this because you are a fantastic wizard, Headmaster, but it seems you did not think of the consequences of your actions completely." He acted like he was taking a deep breath for courage, and stared directly at the old goat's eyes, Occlumency shields so right even Voldemort wouldn't be able to go through. "Your actions make you look like you are favouring Gryffindor."

The Hall gaped at the bold boy who emotionlessly stared at the Headmaster, who also seemed extremely surprised by the boy's actions.

It had been decades since someone had dared to question him like this, and he could feel his anger rising.

How dare an eleven-year-old child question him? He was Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, the Saviour of the Wizarding World, the Defeater of Dark Lord Gellert Grindelwald, and Lord of the Light Side.

He had three extremely powerful titles, and everyone in the Wizarding World admired him.

How could someone not worth a tenth of him question him?

Instead of stating his thoughts, he created his throat.

"It must have slipped my mind. I assure you, I did not have any intention of favouring any House."

Harry raised an eyebrow challengingly.

"Then I am correct to assume that it would be fine if Slytherin won the House Cup?"

Dumbledore nearly choked on his spit in shock.

"E-excuse me?" He stuttered out unconsciously, and Harry sighed.

"Slytherin had already won the House Cup before you 'remembered' to award Gryffindor points, sir. Coupling with the fact that the school year is over and no more points can be earned, aren't Gryffindor's points considered invalid? That means Slytherin has won."

And with that, the fate of the Cup was sealed.

If Dumbledore refused to let Slytherin win, he would be favouring Gryffindor.

If Dumbledore didn't take back Gryffindor's point, the same thing applied.

Making excuses wouldn't work either.

And so, Dumbledore, the first time after his victory against Grindelwald, yielded to someone.

The Hall was once again decorated in silver and green, and minus Gryffindor, all three Houses clapped, with Slytherin cheering.

Harry sat back down in satisfaction, sliencing his sister at the other table who had just opened her mouth go object, and marvelled at the sight of the House of the Snakes so happy and... childish.

In his previous life, he had never seen them this way, and may had easily forgotten that they were kids as well.

This time, with this scene, everybody would undoubtedly remember.

Harry closed his eyes, a smile on his face, and fell asleep in seconds.

Occlumency was tiring mentally, and he had kept his shields deathly tight during his speech.

He deserved a rest.

He wasn't hungry anyway.