The First Day

After breakfast, everyone was passed out their class schedules. Harry smiled at Professor Flitwick politely, and thanked him.

"Thank you for handing me my schedule, Professor." Flitwick smiled back, but the searching glint in his eyes indicated he was expecting something more.

"No problem, Mr. Potter. It is my duty, after all."

Harry's smile widened. So the goblins really were in communication with the half-goblin professor. It seems the Intel on Hogwarts came from him.

As the professor walked past him, he whispered behind him softly in Gobbledygook.

"Good day, Professor." The man whipped around, but Harry had already turned around walking away, a small smirk on his face.

The only one who had noticed the small exchange was Severus Snape, who felt interest in the Boy-Who-Was-Forgotten.

A small smirk graced the Slytherin's features as he saw the shock on the half-goblin professor's face, and then the smirk on the Potter Heir's own.

It seemed this year would be much more different than he had expected.

{}

Their first lesson Herbology with the Slytherins. Harry, who already knew where the classroom was, told his fellow Ravenclaw first years to follow him.

Together, they headed out of the castle, and we're met with the Slytherins on their way out.

Both groups decided to travel together, and in the silence, one of them approached Harry.

Harry turned his head slightly at the soft cough, and smiled elegantly.

"Heir Malfoy. A pleasure to meet you after all these years. I have heard quite a lot about your House from my father."

Malfoy blinked, surprised at his kind approach, then scoffed.

"All negative, I presume?" Harry chuckled lightly.

"Unfortunately. But I must say, you are not what I expected." The blond coughed.

"Excuse me?" he asked, slightly angry. Harry waved him off.

"From what my father told me, you should have a certain snake tattoo on your left forearm, and be killing Muggleborns anytime you see one." He looked him over. "So, yes, quite different from I was told."

Malfoy blinked, silent for some time as he digested the information, before he laughed.

"How stupid!" Then he gasped. "Oh, I apologize if I offended you."

Harry laughed merrily.

"Not at all. My father's prejudice against the Dark Lord is quite stupid."

The Slytherins shared a glance, intrigued.

Daphne Greengrass stepped forward.

"What are your views then, Heir Potter?" she asked coldly, she was known as the Ice Queen in Harry's last life after all.

Harry turned to the girl, smile still on his face, not having dimmed in the slightest.

"That's a dangerous question to ask, Heiress Greengrass." was his reply, but from the glint in his eye, it was obvious to the young snakes that he was amused.

It seemed that the Heir of the Potter House was more Slytherin than they had thought.

They arrived soon after to the Herbology classroom, where Professor Sprout greeted them.