4: the new Black

A new day, a new beginning to a new life at her new home: Hogwarts. Kate, excitedly, got out of bed, showered and changed into her Slytherin robes then went down her dormitory.

The Slytherin common room was in one of the dungeons, where it was always cold but the coolness was calming. It was covered in the emerald and silver of the house colour, the common room had dark leather couches and in front of them was a polished, dark wood, fireplace. It had a shelf in the corner where there were books to read.

As she reached the common room, a series of muttering broke out and a few apprehensive looks were shot in her direction, some of the students even held the Prophet in their hands and she knew exactly what they were muttering about.
Unable to take anymore of their gazes and muttering, Kate decided to leave for the Great Hall but was stopped when a gentle hand wrapped around her shoulder, she turned around to see Graham Montague with a couple of other girls and boys around their age.
"Good morning, Graham", Kate chimed.
"Morning, let's go for breakfast, shall we?" Montague said and the group made their way out of the dungeons towards the Great Hall.
The Great Hall was no better than the Slytherin common room because a frantic muttering had broken out there too at Kate's arrival who was beginning to feel even more anxious but with Montague keeping her close to his side, nobody did so much.

During breakfast, she had learned almost everyone's names and a boy with bleach blonde hair called Draco Malfoy happened to be her second cousin, his mother Narcissa Malfoy turned out to be Regulus and Sirius's cousin.

The Slytherins were really not as bad as it was rumoured, Kate was thoroughly enjoying their company but that was put to a pause when she realised that she hadn't had the opportunity to greet Fred and George and before she could even do that, the ...

The Slytherins were really not as bad as it was rumoured, Kate was thoroughly enjoying their company but that was put to a pause when she realised that she hadn't had the opportunity to greet Fred and George and before she could even do that, the bell for her first lesson had already rung so she filed out with her fellow fourth years and made her way to the first class of the year.

Kate's first lesson was Charms which she enjoyed very much during which they practiced the Summoning Charm, and she earned herself thirty points for making not just various objects zoom towards her but to her delight tiny, little, Professor Flitwick had zoomed right next to her when she tried it on him earning chuckles from her fellow fourth years.
Her second lesson was Potions, in the dungeons with their Head of House, Professor Snape.