41: we're all right

Things were back to normal, as normal as they thought they could be and as normal as they could have been

Things were back to normal, as normal as they thought they could be and as normal as they could have been. Everyone had gone back to business, to their own busy lives; Fred and George's joke shop was booming once again and Kate had went onto pursue her ambition as an Auror at the Ministry as she passed all her tests with flying colours and trained hard while taking care of her now two year old Godson and nephew; Teddy. It's weird how time flies and to think that just two years ago, they had won against the darkest wizard of all time, they had been battling between life and death. Of course, Kate hadn't been the same ever since as much as she tried on the outside; on the inside she blamed herself for Sirius's and Tom's death even after having avenged at least one of them. There was no grave for her to visit for Tom or Sirius or Lionel but she would make sure to always visit Lupin's and Tonks' graves whether alone or accompanied by George.

"Ma-ma" Teddy cooed while holding Kate's face between his tiny palms who had been trying for the past hour to get Teddy to call her by her name or anything that even remotely matched her name because she couldn't hear Teddy call her mama.
"Baby, I'm not your mama" Kate said softly to him while kissing his cheek although she knew he couldn't understand her. George stood at the door watching the two with a smile spreading across his face.

"Dada" Teddy cooed excitedly when his eyes had landed on the door and saw George standing there, Kate's head immediately snapped in that direction and she watched as George unfolded his arms clearly taken aback by what Teddy had just called him although it was no surprise considering how much time he would also spend with Teddy whenever he could.
"Hello, love" Kate greeted him with a hug and a peck on the lips, "how come you're home so early?"
"Came to check on you and this little guy" George said while walking towards Teddy who already had his arms outstretched towards him as he picked the baby up and spun him around, a giggle escaping Teddy's lips making Kate chuckle at the sight of the two boys as George stood next to her and wrapped his other arm around her shoulders bringing her closer to his chest.

"I heard you earlier" George said softly, "I know you don't want him to call you mama because of Tonks"
Kate sighed and frowned a little before George continued, "but he's only a baby. There's plenty of time to tell him about his real parents"
"Yeah, I guess you're right" she added in agreement, the smile forming on her lips again as she reached up to peck George's lips and then Teddy's cheek.
"Kids, lunch is ready!" Mrs Weasley's voice called out from downstairs making the three of them break away from their moment as they walked down the stairs to find that Mr Weasley and Fred had also decided to join them for lunch.

Just as they were about to sit down, there was a knock on the front door making Ginny get up to greet whoever it was and Andromeda Tonks walked into the house earning choruses of hellos and good afternoons.
"Andromeda, why don't you join us for lunch?" Mrs Weasley asked politely.
"Oh, I'd love to Molly but I'm here to get my grandson. Maybe some other time" Andromeda replied with a kindly smile as Kate walked to her with Teddy in her arms who was quite reluctant to go with his Grandmother.
"C'mon, Teddy. Granny will give you chocolate" Kate attempted to bribe him earning a few chortles from behind.