34: the arrival

(A/N: 1K VIEWS!!!! in just a few months is A LOT for me even though this is not my first book but its great, just looking forward to having more engaging viewers and leave feedback

(A/N: 1K VIEWS!!!! in just a few months is A LOT for me even though this is not my first book but its great, just looking forward to having more engaging viewers and leave feedback. THANK YOU!!! <3 )

Kate made her way out of the Astronomy Tower with Montague and her fellow housemates back to the dungeons after giving her last N.E.W.T. But she sneaked out and went to meet Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville and Hermione on the fifth floor near the Room of Requirement but before she could even reach them; there was a lot of shouting, blasts of spells and glass shattering reached her ears as she hurriedly made her way and hid behind the statue when she saw shadows growing taller and reaching for the stairs and that's when she came into view; the evil witch, Bellatrix. Kate's heart thumped in her chest and she sprinted towards the others.
"Ron, Ron, are you all right?" she said while kneeling next to him and rubbing his shoulders.
"Yeah, fine. C'mon" Ron said while grabbing her and the others.

No later had the Dark Mark been shot into the sky, their worst fears came to life in front of them as the Death Eaters began to file down the stairs and Lupin, Mr Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Tonks and Mrs Weasley all gathered fighting every one of them off while Kate, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville and Hermione did the same.

"Cruccio!"
"Petrificus Totalus!"

The spell hit Rookwood on the chest, Petrifying his entire body as Kate continued to aim her wand.
"REDUCTO"
That's all it took as she watched his solid form turn into ashes, exhaling sharply suddenly realising what she had done without being aware of it and ran to Tonks's aid who was fighting a thick blonde Death Eater.
"Dora, do it!" Kate yelled as her and Tonks lifted both their wands and shot different spells at the Death Eater resulting in something so nasty that it made Tonks retch.

It came to an end, it came to an end so tragically when she once again heard Bellatrix's triumphant cackle taking her back to the Ministry, the veil and Sirius's face disappearing through it like it was ringing in her head that everything else around her began to blur.
"STOP IT! STOP IT!"

She screamed as she felt someone shaking her and everything hazily came into view; Lionel Anthony's panicked face was the first thing that came into view because he was the one shaking her.
"Wha-what happened?"
"...Dumbledore..." he said gravely. Kate's eyes widened, she released herself from his grip and ran towards the ground to find students gathered; Dumbledore's lifeless body lying on the ground while Harry clutched onto him just like he clutched into Cedric two years ago.

She numbly made her way towards the Hospital Wing, she couldn't handle anyone dying but she heard something about the one of the Weasleys, someone's body lying on the ground and she wasn't ready to take it in, to hear anything at all. She gasped in relief when she saw Bill conscious although in a very bad state, a long gash reached the length of his face as she moved towards his bed and was engulfed into a hug by Mrs Weasley.
"A werewolf's bite won't stop you from being charming, Bill" Kate joked halfheartedly earning weak smiles from the others and a lopsided one from Bill.
"Reckon, you might be right" said Bill quietly.
"Kate, we're so sorry we didn't listen" said Lupin.
"It's okay" Kate sighed, "...Fred and George. Where are they?"
"They'll be here in the morning" Mrs Weasley told her.