8: the burrow and the quidditch cup

This month of July was not like the last ones had been, Kate had decided to write to Dumbledore regarding Sirius's name clearance so he could live as a free man, after all no one had probably thought of that

This month of July was not like the last ones had been, Kate had decided to write to Dumbledore regarding Sirius's name clearance so he could live as a free man, after all no one had probably thought of that. And Dumbledore, being the man he is, accompanied Kate himself to the Ministry of Magic twice by now.
By the third week, she had already completed all of her summer homework and decided to go out to London to buy herself some new clothes because she had grown a few inches over the last year and to get a decent hair cut.

She received several letters from her friends and of course, Fred and George who she missed the most out of all.
She was sorting out her things on an August morning when an owl flew in on her bed and she recognised it, immediately, as Hermes, Percy's owl (Fred and George's older brother). She untied the letter and took him to Archimedes' cage which was empty because Archimedes was gone to deliver her letters to Graham Montague and Arabella Hawkwood, her Slytherin friends.

She opened the letter that was from Mrs Wealsey and started reading it.

Dear Kate,

I hope you're doing well, darling. I'm sure Fred and George told you about my previous letter. As the Quidditch World Cup is also closing in, we would like you to join us along with Harry and Hermione. We will be getting you on Saturday, but will also await your owl in case you are busy.
Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Molly Weasley

Kate felt very pleased to have, finally, heard from Mrs Weasley and scribbled down a short reply that read:

Dear Mrs Weasley,

Pleased to have finally heard from you, and I hope you're doing well, too.
Fred and George told me all about your previous letter, I'll be looking forward to meeting you and the others.

Love from Kate

Kate also wrote a letter to Sirius, telling him that she'd be staying with the Weasleys' from the 18th of July and onwards.

She went to Gringotts to get money out of her vault, strolling around in Diagon Alley was now very normal for her since she did it every day and once, even ended up in Knockturn Alley, oh that place. It gave her the creeps and she promised herself to never go there again, it lurked with all sorts of dark magic.
After getting back from Gringotts, Kate packed all of her stuff in the trunk. If she were to stay for a few days, she needed to have only carried her cross bag on which she had used an Undetectable Extension Charm just about last year when she was at Hogwarts and it seemed to have not been done badly, after all.

Anyway, she eagerly waited for Saturday to arrive soon. And on Friday, she received another letter from Mrs Weasley saying that Mr Weasley would be coming to get her around 4 o'clock, traveling the normal way.