16: number 12, grimmauld place

Kate sat and poured over the paperwork the Ministry had given her, read it over and over again then decided to write a letter to Dumbledore asking him about their next visit to the Ministry

Kate sat and poured over the paperwork the Ministry had given her, read it over and over again then decided to write a letter to Dumbledore asking him about their next visit to the Ministry. Archimedes did not take long to fly back with Dumbledore's letter that asked her to get ready when she received it.
The following two weeks passed by plainly, Kate had even started to complete her homework and Dumbledore wasn't accompanying her to the Ministry anymore since he was already busy with his business that was more important, and all she had for company was her snowy owl; Archimedes. And she had realised that clearing someone's name wasn't an easy job since they had now put gold on Sirius's head and she had no legitimate proof.

However, an entire fortnight had gone by and no one bothered writing to her, not even Fred and George, maybe they were busy but what was even more worrying was that Sirius wasn't replying to her letters at all and she knew he was receiving all of them because whenever Archimedes got back, there were no letters tied to his toe. She really hoped that he wasn't in trouble.
During the third week of July, Kate received another letter from Hogwarts regarding her O.W.Ls result and to her relief and great surprise she received 12 O.W.Ls, and got all O's! She immediately decided to tell Fred and George, and of course Montague because he asked her to.

Dear Fred and George,
How are you? I got my result today, tell me what you guys are up to. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Love, Kate.

Kate sent both the letters with Archimedes and also got Sirius's reply, she didn't remember what she sent him but all his letter said was: Stay where you are.
Archimedes returned two days later with one letter: Montague's letter. Fred and George didn't reply and they always reply to her letters, so she decided to write another letter to them and reply to Montague's.

Hello Kate,
Merlin's beard! That's great, I just told mum about it and she's very happy for you. Congratulations. Hope you're celebrating it well, you're bloody smart.

P.S I got 8 O.W.Ls!
-Montague

Her smile faltered when she read the last line, Kate had no one to celebrate it with and her best friends weren't replying.
While she was busy thinking about all that, Hedwig soared in through the window and her mood instantly lit up.
"Hedwig, hello!" she said while stroking her and untying Harry's letter.

Kate,
I hope you're doing well. I'm just stuck here with my cousin, and I was really hoping Sirius would at least write properly to us.
Anyway, tell me about your result and if you've spoken to anyone else.
-Harry

Kate quickly grabbed her quill and parchment from the side table and began writing on it.

Dear Harry,
I'm certainly well and hope you are, too.
Well, let's say I thought the same but he never sent me a proper reply. And yeah, I got 12 'Outstanding' O.W.Ls, I'm so happy.