5: quidditch

October meant that the Quidditch tournament was going to start, and Quidditch practices were getting tougher over the weeks since the matches were no longer than two weeks away. Often, in her free time when Kate wasn't training, she would join Fred and George to watch them practise to see that they were amazing Beaters. At the end of practise she would follow Fred and George to the Great Hall then walk off to sit at her own House table.

Today, their practice had ended earlier than expected, it took Kate by surprise because she knew that Oliver Wood was as paranoid as a person could be especially when it came to Quidditch and he would make the team practice for hours on end. Kate just like all the days before had decided to join them and waited for Fred and George to come out of the changing rooms but only noticed Fred who was accompanied by Angelina Johnson who was also a player on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Kate held back and waited for George to come out who seemed to be taking too much time in the broom shed.  Minutes dragged by and there was still no sign of him as she patiently waited in the stands and then saw him, George Weasley, soaring in her direction on his broom with a cheeky smile plastered across his face which she couldn't help but return.

"Come on, Mr Showoff", said Kate as she folded her arms across her chest, tapping her foot on the ground waiting for George to get off.
"No, you c'mon!" George said while beckoning her towards his broom.
"What? No, are you mad? I don't want to break my neck" she said reluctantly.
"Oh, c'mon. Don't be such a kill joy" said George as he grabbed her hand and seated her in front of him.
"George, I like to fly but this...this is not how I prefer it", she said nervously as she felt the cold air brush her face. George leaned forward, clutched the broomstick and soared off into the sky, Kate yelped as they zoomed over the Black Lake splashing water on each other. Laughing uncontrollably as they landed, softly and carefully, on the ground. George tucked his broom in the broom shed and walked back to the castle with Kate by his side, stealing glances at her face and smiling to himself as did she.

The Slytherins were practicing everyday for their match against Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Kate supported Hufflepuff when it played  against Ravenclaw mainly because Cedric had asked her to watch him play even though she had a pile of work to complete, and felt like she could have used this free time to do it. Hufflepuff won, of course, and it was now up against Slytherin.

The month had brought with it: heavy rain. Kate changed into her Quidditch robes and entered the Great Hall for breakfast with her teammates when the Slytherin table erupted into cheers and hollers. Kate grinned at how nice it felt, her eyes landed on Fred and George who gave her a thumbs up from the Gryffindor table, and as her eyes followed along, she had noticed that Harry Potter was looking at her who she hadn't spoken to ever since their encounter in the Leaky Cauldron. Politely or not but she smiled at him nonetheless, and was taken aback when he smiled back.

"Kate, eat something! You'll need it" Montague said while shoving a toast in her hand that already held a half eaten one.
"Okay, okay" she said impatiently while quickly munching on the toast.