33: take me?

They landed in Professor McGonagall's office through the Floo Network and got up to make their way towards their respective dormitories; Kate to the dungeons while Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny advanced towards Gryffindor Tower

They landed in Professor McGonagall's office through the Floo Network and got up to make their way towards their respective dormitories; Kate to the dungeons while Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny advanced towards Gryffindor Tower. Kate met with all of her friends but out of all of them, she was the most concerned about Draco, having not heard from him over the holidays or seeing no sign of him in the Common Room.
"Graham, where's Draco?" she asked Motague after their conversation had come to an end.
"Up in his dormitory, I think" said Montague shortly.

She had only written to Draco once during the holidays to which he sent a very short reply and said that he'd tell her everything once term started so she patiently waited for the others to go to bed and for Draco to come down from the boys' dormitory with the Christmas present that she had bought for him but didn't get a chance to send it to him; it was a bunch of Quidditch supplies of his favourite Quidditch team and a picture of her and Draco from her first day at Hogwarts to remind him that she'd always be there for him. A light tap on her shoulder made her turn around swiftly to come face to face with the familiar blonde boy who looked even more pale and skinny, and his eyes were bloodshot. Kate wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly making him return the gesture.

"How are you, Draco?" she said in his shoulder.
"I'm okay...and you?" he replied in a voice only audible to her.
"I'm all right" she replied, "got you a present though"

She pulled away to see that there were tears pouring down Draco's face which she wiped away with her hands

She pulled away to see that there were tears pouring down Draco's face which she wiped away with her hands. They sat down on one of the couches while Kate gave him the present, watching a smile creep up to his lips as he continued to unwrap making her heart warm for she hadn't seen him smile since the year started.
"This is to remind you that I'll always be there for you", she said while indicating the photo. Draco smiled a genuine smile and kissed her forehead.
"Thank you, Kate. This is the best thing I got all Christmas and I've got your present too", Draco said while getting up from the couch and walking towards his dormitory.

He walked down the stairs, carrying a black velvet box in his hands making Kate's eyes widen.
"Oh, c'mon. It's not everyday that I find out a girl like you is my cousin", he said making her chuckle.
"If you say so" she joked. She removed the lid of the box to reveal a magnificent, orb but it wasn't just an ordinary orb; it was mystical, it was enchanted to make it look purple-blue and glittery, there was more to it than just that because that's how the magical world worked.
"Draco, this is beautiful" Kate gushed while observing the mystical crystal ball.
"It's enchanted, it's got some magic. Sort of reminded me of you when I saw it" Draco said while scratching the back of his neck, Kate smiled at her cousin as she put everything aside to hug him and plant a kiss on his cheek.
"Thank you so much"