13: o.w.ls

Right after Christmas Holidays, their normal classes had started, George and Kate still weren't talking and she kept on asking Tom what she should do about it, however, she had other things to focus on and worry about such as O

Right after Christmas Holidays, their normal classes had started, George and Kate still weren't talking and she kept on asking Tom what she should do about it, however, she had other things to focus on and worry about such as O.W.Ls and, she was already buried in books and homework.

She sat by the beech tree in front of the Black Lake like she usually did completing her Defence Against the Dark Arts work, and wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around her. She was way too engrossed in her work and felt a presence beside her but didn't bother to look up, assuming it to be either Tom or Miles Bletchley who had been nagging her to help him with Defence Against the Dark Arts.
"So your work's more important than me, eh?", said a familiar voice that came from the familiar ginger, George Weasley.

Kate closed her book and set it aside.
"Well, for now you can say that" she joked and then George strangled her as she shrieked while he pinned her to the ground and started tickling her.
"George, no - stop" she said in between breaths.
"Is your work still more important?" he said as he continued to tickle her.
"No - no, you - are" Kate managed to say in between giggles and he finally stopped, she regained her breath while George looked at her and Kate looked back at him.
"Kate, I'm sorry" he sighed, "I was stupid and...and you looked really beautiful. I'm just-" before he could continue Kate pressed a finger to his lips.
"Georgie, you don't have to apologise, you're my best friend. I felt miserable for not talking to you" she told him and hugged him.
"Yeah, me too" George sighed.
"Walk me to class?"
They got up and walked back inside the castle because she had double Potions with the Gryffindors and Slytherins 4th years, George accompanied her all the way towards the dungeons where they all stood outside, waiting for Snape to arrive.

Potions was always horrible with Snape but with him humiliating Harry during the first quarter of the class, it got even worse and Kate couldn't hold it in any more as he continued to read the cock-and-bull Rita Skeeter had written in the Daily Prophet about Harry.
"Stop it" Kate finally said but Snape continued reading.
"I said STOP IT" she said loudly this time, Snape stopped with a slight sneer on his face. "Stop humiliating him, that's not your job."
"Another of Potter's lover, I assume" Snape snarled and went on accusing Harry for stealing his stuff.
"Can you stop blaming him for what he didn't do and just give him a break!" Kate shot angrily at him.
"You will have a week of detention, Black, you're getting out of control" Snape howled.
"All you do is give me detention and you just keep on humiliating the boy who hasn't done a thing to you" Kate argued, unable to hold back.
"Get out of my class right now, Black!" Snape shot, angrily. Kate got up and spared not a single second to leave the dungeons, and made her way towards the library where after a while or so was joined by Fred and George who took her with them to the kitchens to get some food. They knew how to make her feel better which often made her wonder what she would have done without them.

The days passed and the Second Task was closing in but it was such a pity that Kate couldn't watch it because of Snape's stupid detention that lasted a week.
The entire week, she wasn't seen at the Great Hall or anywhere near the Slytherin table. She was exhausted and Snape's detention worked no wonders in upping her spirits which was the worst part of all, and on top of that was all the work and studying for O.W.Ls that she had to.