epilogue

Katrina Regulus Black. A PureBlood Slytherin, daughter of a long deceased Death Eater and niece of a long known innocent mass murderer but also daughter of a courageous, brave and daring father and niece of a proud, jolly and prankster uncle. The girl who was denied entry at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the age of eleven unlike every other student her age, who was asked to abandon the only family that she knew, whose father died at a very young age followed soon after by her mother leaving her an orphan. Then to top all that the events that had occurred with her uncle, Sirius Black, and her cousin, Thomas Payne, who both had died trying to protect her, both of them had given their life when she was about to be attacked.

The girl who had to face hardship after hardship but remained resilient and through it all there was one person always by her side, one person who had never left her, one person who had become her entire universe and one person who she loved so much; George Fabian Weasley. 
The well known ginger, Gryffindor, prankster had taken a chance on her even when she thought it was impossible but there they both were as inseparable as ever and the ring on Kate's left finger was a daily reminder of how she had got lucky to fall into his loving arms. Every day like any normal day she would wonder how she got so lucky and today was no different but today was a rather sheer reminder, the happiness within her was immaculate, she couldn't believe it as the day approached. She knew she would fall for George the moment she set eyes on him but she never knew she'd ever fall for him this hard, she didn't think it was even possible yet here she was only mere hours away from calling him hers for ever more. 

She had been feeling overwhelmed, she was swelling with happiness but there were more emotions mixed with happiness today; she was feeling everything at once from absolute joy to utter sadness. The space in her heart for those who had left her had remained vacant for them for quite a long time and for a day as special as this coming upon her so close, she wished for nothing more than to see them once more even if it was just a glimpse. She wanted to see them and she wanted to ask if they were happy of the person she had become, proud of what she had done and where she was now. These questions always remained unanswered though Mr and Mrs Weasley who were nothing less than parents to her, tried to their best of abilities how proud her family would have been and most of all how happy they were that their son was to marry, in their eyes, the best girl they had set eyes on.

George was no less than the others, he was as loving as one could ever be, he was nothing less than perfect to her. Even after losing so much, she had everything she could have ever wished for; she had the boy of her dreams to love her endlessly, a loving family, she even had Harry who had been nothing less than a brother to her and then there was her own little bundle of happiness, her own Godson, Teddy. The, now, four year old boy was asleep soundly in bed as Kate turned her back from the window to face him, the havoc outside had been amusing and overwhelming at the same time as she was still unable to grasp that the day had finally come. Teddy was still as reluctant as he was three years ago on calling Kate anything other than mama and she had stopped over time trying to force him to. 

She hadn't realised when it had happened but the emotions were all becoming unbearing, tears were trailing down her cheeks as she let out a small cry quickly clamping a hand over her mouth to prevent from making any noise that would wake her nephew from his peaceful slumber. She cried in her hand for a while and stopped abruptly when she heard footsteps climbing up the stairs, wiping her eyes quickly with the back of her hand though she could feel that her cheeks and eyes would give it away before she could fully wipe her face, a very disheveled George had burst into the room.

"Kate, have you-", he stopped mid sentence when he saw his soon to be wife's red cheeks and puffy eyes who was trying to muster a weak smile, his face now held a worried expression as he slowly walked towards her.

"Hey, Georgie", she said thickly but her voice cracked at the end making George hold her hands.
"Princess, if you want to stop or move it ahead, we can do that. I'm in no rush. I want you to be happy" George rambled on worriedly while Kate shook her head and placed a hand over his mouth to stop him from talking.
"Baby, no. I am more than happy, I just got so overwhelmed seeing everything" she said glancing at the window that overlooked the garden where the others were already working on arrangements for tomorrow, "I still can't believe it's happening. I still can't believe we are happening"

George's expression softened at her words and a warm smile stretched upon his face, he pulled her closer to him by wrapping his hands around her waist and kissed her passionately. Even after pulling apart, they stayed in each other's embrace, in close proximity so that they could only take in each other's scents and nothing else.
"I am just as lucky as you are" George said softly and lifted her with his forefinger so that they were both locked in a mesmerising gaze, "Kate, I love you so much you have no idea. I'm absolutely over the moon right now and even I can't believe it's all happening but it is"
Kate smiled at his words and nodded, "I love you so much, George. A bit too much than I ever imagined."

"Well, that's why we're getting married now, aren't we?" George joked making the two of them chuckle softly as he moved in to lock his lips with hers once again before someone else burst into the room and gasped making the two pull apart abruptly only to realise it was Mrs Weasley.
"George! What did I tell you about not seeing her for an entire week before the wedding!" she said shrilly making Teddy stir in his sleep as Kate and George exchanged nervous chuckles.
"Sorry, mum, couldn't help it" George said before kissing Kate's cheek and leaving the room, winking at her in the process.

"There will be plenty of time to do what you want to do after tomorrow!" Mrs Weasley went calling after him as Kate stood in the spot, smiling to herself. The feelings that had previously taken over her had now subsided drastically and she felt relieved, perhaps she really had just been dying to see George for the entire week seeing as Mrs Weasley had insisted on asking Kate to stay at her aunt Andromeda's house till a day before the wedding and it had been hard for George to not Apparate to Kate every time he got the chance when he thought Mrs Weasley was nowhere in sight once Kate had reached the Burrow with Teddy earlier that day. Teddy stirred a bit more and Kate approached his side cautiously before he fell asleep again and lay completely still on his side, she sighed in relief and walked back to the window now watching the others drape the chairs in a vibrant blue colour teamed with plum, the combination made Kate grimace instantly. 

"Oh, hell no" she muttered under her breath.

Just as she was about to turn to leave, a soft knock came from the door and in entered the familiar ginger but it was Fred this time who was wearing a playful smile making Kate reciprocate with the likeness as he quietly walked through the door peering over at Teddy to see he wasn't disturbing his sleep. 
"So, how're you feeling?" he asked now standing in front of her and taking both her hands in his watching her eagerly.
"Uh - nervous but excited" Kate answered with a sheepish smile making Fred squeeze her hands reassuringly.
"But a bit of advice" Kate continued and glanced outside, "that looks ghastly"
Fred chuckled at her remark and shook his head, "I told them it did! But they wouldn't listen and it was Ron's idea"
"We know how Ron's ideas are" Kate joked as both of them broke into chuckling fit knowing well about Ron's choices and still never recovering from how he settled on Hermione with taste like his. 

But their moment was put to a pause when a smiling Mrs Weasley entered the room carrying two cups of tea and a large tray full of her various homemade treats, it didn't take long for her smile to turn into a glare as she set the tray down on the side table and advanced towards Fred.
"What did I just tell you about waiting to see her!" she said with a threatening finger pointing at him, "I just pulled you out of this room and you're back again!"
The realisation suddenly hit Kate and Fred, Mrs Weasley was mistaking him for George but her outburst of laughter prevented her from telling Mrs Weasley that it wasn't George, it was Fred.
"No, mum, it's me. Fred" Fred said impatiently but Mrs Weasley was shaking her head.
"I've had it with these games of yours and your brother's!" she went on shrilly. 

"Mrs Weasley, no really. It is Fred" Kate managed in between giggles but Mrs Weasley wasn't one to be convinced easily as she looked at Kate with a softer expression.
"Of course, dear, I don't blame you for defending him but there are some traditions!" she went on turning to face Fred who was at a complete loss for words and knew that it as useless to even try to explain to his mother how he wasn't George and stomped his way out of the room with Mrs Weasley following him close behind. 

"I don't want you or your brother seeing her before tomorrow" her voice carried all the from the stairs as Kate's chuckles died down and her attention was now on a wide awake Teddy.

"Hello, big boy, you've been asleep for long" she cooed as she held him in her arms and he rested his head against her chest, yawning widely making her chortle.
"Still sleepy, huh?" she said but Teddy had placed one of her tiny hands on her mouth and shushed her.
"Like aunty like nephew" Kate mumbled, Teddy had taken upon some of Kate's habits and one of them being not talking to anyone for a good hour after waking up. Mrs Weasley came back several minutes later while Kate craddled Teddy in her arms, she smiled at the sight of the two and then her eyes landed on the two, now cold, cups of tea pressing her hand to her forehead. 

"Oh, tea's gone cold. Kate, you haven't touched anything" Mrs Weasley said as she took her wand and cast a spell to reheat the tea with Teddy watching her with utmost eagerness like he always did whenever someone would take out their wands.
"I was waiting for you" Kate told her as Teddy now began to move out from her grasp to sit beside Mrs Weasley gaping at her hand.
"When do I get one?" he asked excitedly.
"Not yet, Teddy. There's plenty of time" Kate told him and watched him pout. 

Everyone had gathered during dinner, Charlie had returned from Romania to attend his younger brother's wedding; Ginny, Hermione and Fleur were talking excitedly with Kate and were discussing their dresses during which she had tried her best to get something out of them about her dress but they wouldn't budge. Mrs Weasley had given up on trying to keep her and George away as they sat side by side, each engulfed in their own conversations. 

"George, you'll have to tell me something. I am bound to find it anyway" Kate said insistently but George wasn't buying any of it, he had insisted on buying her wedding dress and when she let him to do that, he had decided to keep it a surprise. She wasn't worried about how or what it looked like because she had known George long enough to know that he had good taste in clothing which had been developing over the years but she was worried if she would look good in it or if it would fit her perfectly in order to avoid any last minute hassle.
"Kate, you really think I would mess up your size after spending years with you?" George said to her as she opened and closed her mouth, he was right but that still wouldn't stop her from feeling anxious.

"Yes, but what if I've gotten fat or thin?" Kate pressed on impatiently but George only chuckled and shook his head before turning to face her.
"Princess, stop worrying. You haven't changed at all since the first time i met you. Yeah, you have become more beautiful if possible" he remarked and moved into kiss her now pink tinged cheek before proceeding to eat.

Just as they were about to be finished, Mr Weasley stood up to gain everyone's attention and held his Butterbeer filled goblet in his hand with a spoon in the air, tapping it lightly causing the din of chatter to die.
"I would like to make a toast" he started, looking at everybody before settling his eyes on the soon to be wedded couple, "I want to say that I am, firstly, very proud of my, very chaotic, son for settling down with someone and that too someone like Kate" 
The others raised their goblets and cheered, Ron was thumping George on the shoulder who was now grinning broadly beside Kate. As the cheers slowly died down, their attention turned back to Mr Weasley who was still standing and evidently looked like he was done with his speech yet as he went on and the others listened eagerly. 

"And to Kate, I want to thank you for joining our family, for bringing us all closer than before. You were already a part of our family when Fred and George first brought you here but now it's about to become official, and Molly and I have never felt more swelled at the thought of having another daughter in our house. For all the things you have been through, I hope that we, although I doubt it, will fulfill the emptiness of your parents and other loved ones. We want nothing more than your happiness and your radiant presence to reside in our house"
If Kate had felt overwhelmed earlier that day, it was nothing compared to how she felt upon hearing Mr Weasley's kind words that had already driven her to tears as she got up and walked over to his side to hug him, sobbing in his chest. 

"My happiness lies here" she mumbled but her words were audible to everyone as they smiled and raised their goblets once again to drink to Kate and George. 

Just as it was expected, the Burrow was full of people and the house was buzzing with excitement. People were calling each other out from different parts of the house while Mrs Weasley ran up and down the stairs, screaming at anyone who she found was out of accord and urging them to get dressed or get to work as she did so. George entered the house, carrying a large box in his arms with Fred following after him who was dressed in a midnight blue suit and looked strikingly handsome while his brother was still not ready for his own wedding, running last minute errands. 

"Don't let mum see you in that or she'll go ballistic" Fred told his brother while pointing at his clothes as they carried the box up the stairs to Ginny's room where Kate was supposedly getting ready but she was hidden behind the girls when the twins entered. 
"Hello, ladies" George greeted smugly, "mind if I see my soon to be wife?"
"Yes, you can see her later ", Ginny said irritably while shoving both her brothers out of the room and closing the door in their faces leaving them shocked as she did so. 

"Oooh, he's got the dress!" Hermione squealed earning Kate's attention who was busy getting her make up done by Fleur which was just about finished. When Fleur had removed her hands from Kate's face, she quickly got up from the small chair and pulled off the lid of the box not wanting to waste any more precious seconds. Her eyes widened in awe as she lifted the flowy, shimmery, gown up to eye level and the other girls gasped. 
"Eet eez beautiful!" Fleur exclaimed in awe clearly no one had seen it before and it was their first time too just as it was Kate's, who was running her fingers over the smooth fabric.
"Wow", she breathed.

"We'll leave you to it" Ginny said softly as Hermione and Fleur nodded in agreement and exited the room. Kate examined the dress for several more moments before stripping and pulling it onto her body, it fitted her perfectly and complimented her body; the gown itself made her look ethereal, it made her look like a...princess. That's what George was implying. His princess.