36: Black's Den

When Ginny had left for Hogwarts, the others had decided that they would be leaving early the next day for wherever Kate was supposedly taking them

When Ginny had left for Hogwarts, the others had decided that they would be leaving early the next day for wherever Kate was supposedly taking them. According to Kate, sunrise was the best time to leave so she could find the place easily, she hadn't been there since she was a kid and only hoped that she'd remember it as well as she thought she did and that was also why she couldn't sleep that night and paced around the house.
She stopped pacing when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and George came into view making her walk to him sighing deeply.
"What's wrong, Princess?" he chimed while kissing her forehead. The nickname would always make her smile, make her melt, as she reached up to kiss his lips.
"Bit nervous, I guess" Kate shrugged.
"And is there anything I can do to ease your mind, m'lady?" he said while placing kisses all over her face making her giggle.
"You already do so much for me"
"-because I love you-"
"Even though, I'm so difficult at times-"
"-you're not. Mm...maybe a little", George joked.
"Hey" said Kate in fake offense making them both chuckle.
"You're the only one I want even after all this ends"
"-you're the only one I want too, Georgie. For ever more"

Kate inhaled a deep breath as she took out the pocket watch, not just any pocket watch but Sirius's, handsome, silver pocket watch that contained her picture when it was in Sirius's possession but she had replaced it with a picture of young Sirius and Regulus when she inherited it. Right now, everyone was relying on her and she had to protect them at any cost, she couldn't let them down and from the corner of the room Fred and George gave her an encouraging nod.
"You will all have to-"
The door banged open cutting Kate mid sentence and a disheveled Lionel Anthony entered, hastily straightening up when he saw everyone's attention on him.
"Apologies. Katrina" he added with a nod, "sorry, I'm late"
"-uh-?"
"He's coming, too" Tonks told Kate.
"Well, then, Lionel. I'm assuming you know the plan?" Kate asked and watched him nod then continued, "I'll Apparate you in twos and if you don't trust me then we can stop right now".
She searched for any sign of reluctance but was relieved to find none.

In twos, she Apparated Lupin, Tonks, Shacklebolt, Lionel, Mr and Mrs Weasley, and the twins to a deserted alley surrounded by houses, the sun was beginning to rise; and they had been transported to the suburban of Wolverhampton. Kate's stomach gave a queasy lurch making her retch in the corner making Tonks rush to her aid.
"I'm fine - I'm fine" said Kate, straightening herself, "I'll perform the Disillusionment Charm on you all and we have to walk a few metres, stay close"

The others disappeared in the Charm and she reached out a hand, feeling a warmer one close around hers and she instantly recognised it as Lupin's. She stepped out onto the main road, the roads were all deserted, some houses were locked up completely while others looked like they had been abandoned hastily and there was not a single human in sight except for one patrol officer and Kate tried her best to keep walking without drawing much attention.

"Ma'am...bit unsafe on your own these days" the officer said while catching up to her.
"-ah, I was just heading home"
"Where do you live?"
"-er - just right there"