10: the prank

Kate's eyes turned towards the door  of the Great Hall where Fred and George came hopping in

"Oy, Black! Come over" Fred and George shouted, even though it was not necessary because the Hall had started emptying with only a few students left inside who were still devouring their breakfast.
"Oy, Weasley! Coming" Kate shouted back in a mild imitation of Fred and George who chortled as she walked to the pair of them.

George's eyes surveyed Kate from head to toe when she walked over to the twins. Kate who had just noticed was now tucking a hair strand behind her ear trying, once again, to hide the blush creeping up to her cheeks but managed to wink at him all the same.
"Your eyes'll fall out, love" she said quietly to George whose eyes began darting around the Hall.
Fred started to fill her up about their plan to prank Professor Snape and then an idea had sprang up in Kate's mind, her eyes glinted with playful mischief when she had thought of pranking, her closest Slytherin friend, Graham Montague.

"Now, that's more like it" said George, while patting her. Kate didn't go back to the Slytherin table but she was later joined by an exhausted looking Montague in the Slytherin common room.
"What's wrong, Graham?" she asked as he slumped down beside her.
"I'm exhausted. Flint made us run the bloody ground twice so we can maintain our physique and I have homework to complete!" said Montague exasperatedly.
"Do you want help? I can do it for you"  Kate told him earnestly.
"Ah, thank you, Kate. Please, do my potions homework" Montague said.
"Okay", she said and his arms loosely looped around her in an attempt to hug while his head lolled on her shoulder, Kate chuckled at her friend while patting him on the back.

It was later that evening that Kate stayed back in the common room, waiting for everyone to file out of the common room so she could set up her prank.

She set a trip wire at the entrance which would cause him to fall the second he'll enter and enchanted a bucket full of blonde hair dye and green slime, which would fall on his head the very moment that he'll trip.
Kate sent him a note saying:

       Graham, meet me in the         common room. It's urgent.
- Kate

It was dinner time so she was at an advantage because no one was there. She took her position behind one of the couches in the common room as she waited for Montague to  enter.
"Kate. Kate?" He called out and then it happened in such a flash, he tripped, fell face first as the buckets fell on him. His dark hair turning a dirty blonde while the rest of him was covered in green slime, his own white shirt now stained with green.

Kate roared up from laughter, clutching her stomach and sprinted out of the common room while Montague chased her. Her loud laugh bounced off the silent walls of the corridor as she ran till she had reached the Great Hall.
Everyone's attention had turned towards her with confused looks plastered on their faces except for Fred and George who she gave two very enthusiastic thumbs up.
"KATE BLACK, YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!"  they heard Montague yell and Kate hid behind the oak doors, trying to suppress her laughter while Montague entered the Hall covered in slime and his hair a dirty blonde.