25: turn of events

Kate woke up in the morning to find George snoozing next to her as she turned to face him; his mouth was slightly agape and left low snores; she delicately pecked his mouth, and moved his hair using only her fingertips

Kate woke up in the morning to find George snoozing next to her as she turned to face him; his mouth was slightly agape and left low snores; she delicately pecked his mouth, and moved his hair using only her fingertips. He stirred a little and then very slowly, opened his eyes to find himself nose to nose with his girlfriend. A sleepy smile made it's way up to his lips as he snaked his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to his bare chest, lips brushing against each other as they spoke.

"Morning, handsome" Kate chimed.
"Morning, baby" George replied in his throaty morning voice making her, once again, peck his lips but that soon turned into more than just a peck as she climbed on top of him making him cup her butt only to break away when they heard a knock.

"Kate, honey, is my son lurking in there?" Mrs Weasley's voice came, Kate and George exchanged terrified looks before she hastily got off him and he was almost about to turn the doorknob when she grabbed his arm.

"Apparate, you idiot, APPARATE!" she whisper-yelled to which George nodded vigorously and with a pop Apparated. Kate quickly opened the door to let Mrs Weasley in who smiled at her politely, carrying Kate's clean clothes with her as she reached the bed to set them down when Kate noticed George's jumper on the floor and picked it up quickly, hiding it behind herself.

Kate entered the kitchen to find George settling himself down for breakfast.
"That was a close— how come you look so adorable this early in the morning?" said George before kissing her cheek.
"How come you're so flattery this early in the morning, Georgie?" Kate teased.
"I'll try one of your...weird breakfasts if you stop doing that", he said pointing at Kate's smoothie bowl. Her aunt used to make them for her when she was younger and she rarely got to ate those at Hogwarts but when she did, she always urged Fred and George to try them but they would always scrunch up their faces.

"Really? But you never want to"
"-exceptions can be made for my favourite girl"
Kate chuckled at the remark as she recalled the time when she had said the same to the twins.

"In that case, Mr Weasley, I'll do you a little favour", she said while sitting down on George's laps with her bowl.
"I see you've chosen the best seat in the house", he said impressively making her laugh, feeding him some of her breakfast before Fred, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny came bustling in.
"There they are, our ickle love birds!" Fred's voice boomed, "aww, getting all handsy now, are we?"

———

Everyone had left for work as the remaining people settled themselves down in the living room of the house late in the afternoon but their rested thoughts were put to a pause when Mad-Eye entered the house, grunting irritably, with....Thomas?
Kate abruptly stopped talking to Sirius and got up from the couch as the others followed suit, all of them equally shocked to see him there because they had attended his funeral just a few months ago, Dumbledore himself told her that he was dead yet there he was standing, as solid as ever. Her face had gone chalk-white, was she seeing ghosts now?