Chapter 37

Today was the day that Caitlin was going to see how good her paralysis serum was Barbara Gordon and the other patients that had been injected were coming in for checkups.

"So, how are you feeling about the trial now that people are coming in for checkups today mom?" Allegra asked.

"I am a little nervous. I know that it was showing some progress when all of the patients were leaving, but if there was no more progress than that, that would mean it is not working well enough for it to hit the market." Caitlin said.

"I am sure there will be some progress babe. Just keep a positive outlook." Barry said.

"Thanks. I better head into work and get everything set up. Are you taking Dawn, or do you want me to drop her off at daycare?" Caitlin asked.

"I will drop her off. You go on and get everything set up." Barry said.

"Thanks. I will see you two at the lab." Caitlin said as she left.

"I really hope this works. It will mean so much to your mom and also it will be better than Felicity's implant from the old earth because you can't disable a serum." Barry said.

"Mom will be fine Dad and I am pretty sure that it will work." Allegra said.

Later at STAR Labs Caitlin was waiting for all of her patients to arrive. She was getting really nervous because she didn't know what to expect. When a car pulled up in front of STAR Labs, Caitlin realized that it was a very nice car, so she had to expect that it was probably Barbara because she knows Barbara worked with Bruce Wayne.

The door of the car was opened by the driver and Barbara got to her feet and took a cane out of the seat to help with balance. "So, it looks like you are progressing pretty well." Caitlin said.

"Yeah, I can get around without the cane most of the time. I just like the extra stability when I am in a place that I don't know that well." Barbara said.

"That makes since. So, how active are you able to be since you got the injection?" Caitlin asked.

"I ride a bike almost every day for exercise. I sometimes even get on a treadmill." Barbara said.

"Well that's good. I am really glad the serum is working for you. Have you had any kind of side effects?" Caitlin asked.

"Not that I can tell as of yet. Everything seems fine." Barbara said.

"So, about our conversation last time you were here about wanting a fresh start. Are you still wanting that?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah, I think sometime away from Gotham would do me some good. My dad is all for it as well." Barbara said.

"Well we have an opening in the computer science part of the lab if you are interested." Caitlin said.

"I would love that. When can I start?" Barbara said.

"You can start when you are ready. Do you need to give Wayne Enterprises two week's notice?" Caitlin asked.

"No, Bruce knows that I want a change of scenery. He has already had all of my stuff shipped here." Barbara said.

"Well that was nice of him. I will be back in a little bit to check on you. I need to go check and see how the others are doing." Caitlin said.

It took about an hour to test all of the people who were part of the trail. It looked like it was working for everyone just like it was working for Barbara. Barry walked in to see how everything was going and was pleased when he heard that the serum was working. It looked like they would be able to send the results off so they could get the serum licensed so that they could market it to people who needed it.

"I am so happy for you. You are really making a name for yourself Dr. Allen." Barry said.

"Well thank you very much Mr. Allen. I think that we should go out and celebrate tonight." Caitlin said.

"I think you are right. I will ask Allegra if she minds babysitting Dawn tonight. Not, like she can go anywhere anyways being that she is only 15." Barry said.

"Yeah, I think that will be nice. She always has fun with Dawn anyways." Caitlin said.

"Yeah, she loves her baby sister. So, I will go and talk to her and set that up for tonight." Barry said as he left the lab.

Later that night Barry and Caitlin were at the Italian place that they liked to go to every so often. They ordered Champaign for the celebration and they also order their favorite meals from the menu. It had been a while since that had done this because it was not that easy to get out with a toddler at home.

"I am glad that we have Allegra so that we can do this every so often. We need this." Caitlin said.

"I agree. I am going to start to pay her when she keeps Dawn so that she has some of her own money to spend." Barry said.

"I think that will be nice. I hope she will use it wisely though." Caitlin said.

"I think she will. We just need to keep an eye on her and if she does make some mistakes, we can help her with it." Barry said.

"You have to be the sweetest person I know. Anyways, how about we go to that ice cream shop that is on the way home for dessert?" Caitlin asked.

"I think that is a good idea. It has been a while since we have been there." Barry said.

The two stopped for ice cream on their way back home. When they got home, they saw that Allegra has put Dawn asleep for the night and was watching a movie on tv.

"What are you watching tonight?" Caitlin asked.

"I am watch Black Panther. It is one of my favorite movies." Allegra said.

"That's good. Anyways, we are heading to bed. Don't stay up to late." Barry said and Allegra nodded as she went back to the movie.

Once Barry and Caitlin got to their bedroom, Barry started to change into his sleeping clothes when a hand reach out to him to stop him. He turned around to see that Frost had taken over.

"Don't put those clothes on handsome. We still have some celebrating to do." Frost said.

"Ok, well let's get this celebration on the way then." Barry said as they both got into bed while kissing. It started to get really heated and they made love until they were too tired to do it anymore.