Chapter 18

PamelaFox: WWE Glam Process

1,200,000 likes ~ disabled comments

---

I'm not wrestling tonight which I'm happy about because I get to see back and watch everyone wrestle. As much as I enjoy the sport, it definitely takes a lot out of you. 

I have an appointment later in the week to check on my back since it has been causing me pain. I'm not allowed to lift heavy objects so until I am cleared to wrestle, I will only be allowed to do backstage promo. 

I don't mind too much but I do need to get that check mark so that I don't have to withdraw from the first women's royal rumble. I would be heartbroken if I could not participate and it would make me be more resentful towards Mercy.

I haven't spoken to my brother since our last family dinner but I heard through the grapevine that he should be joining WWE soon. I thought that we would be able to mend our brother/sister relationship but I think we're too far gone.

"Your winner and the new Universal champion, ROMAN REIGNS!"

I let out a loud cheer as my husband is handed the title that he has been chasing after for a while. With Vince McMahon in charge, you go from being champion to not being one at all. I haven't been pleased with the direction that Vince has been pushing my husband in.

 I haven't been pleased with the direction that Vince has been pushing my husband in

My smile continues to grow as Joe stands on the turnbuckle. The camera pans onto me and I turn to it with a smile which makes everyone scream as they realise that I have been here the entire time watching my husband.

 The camera pans onto me and I turn to it with a smile which makes everyone scream as they realise that I have been here the entire time watching my husband

My smile slightly fades as I watch Joe get hoisted up in the air by his cousin. As beautiful as this moment is, it also makes me sad because I don't have no family to celebrate with me when I win anything.

 As beautiful as this moment is, it also makes me sad because I don't have no family to celebrate with me when I win anything

I usually celebrate alone then I meet up with my husband backstage since he previously wasn't allowed to join me in the ring. I would celebrate with the WWE universe then make my way up the ramp, all alone.

As much as I appreciate Vince for giving me this chance, he has ruined big moments for me.

---

"Mrs Anoa'i, I will clear you to wrestle only if you promise to wear this back brace when you are not in the ring." I let out a loud cheer and the doctor laughs. "I mean it Pamela, if you do not wear it then I'm not letting you wrestle."

"That's fine." I clap my hands.

I wrap up my appointment before heading out to meet Trish for brunch.

"Hey girl." Trish smiles up as she wraps me up in a hug.

"Hey." I smile at her. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, Vince has me doing all types of work." Trish rolls her eyes. "I'm grateful for the screen time though."

We get settled in at the cafe and order our food.

"I've been thinking about retiring." My eyes widen at Trish's words. "Not fully but I would like to be semi-retired."

"But why?"

My dreams of tag teaming with my best friend is slowly being crushed.

"I'm not that happy anymore." Trish shrugs her shoulder. "I've been doing this job for two decades and I feel as if I've accomplished so much. It just feels likes I'm doing the same thing again but with new people and it just doesn't feel me with joy."

"I understand." I smile sadly. 

Trish and I have been in the business for many years. I joined when I was a teen so I've really been able to enjoy a couple of eras but practically everyone I worked with has either retired or moved on. 

Staying with WWE has meant that my salary has drastically increased but there are so many restrictions. Since we became PG, we have had to stop doing a lot of things which makes some days so boring.

The appeal has gone.

Thankfully we still have some die hard fans but we have lost many along the way.

"I'm planning to retire in about five years." I tell her before shaking my head. "I don't even know. Joe wants to have more kids but that means that I will have to stay home and be a mom. Waiting five years means that Tai will be nine years old and that's too big of a gap."

"That must be hard." Trish pulls a face. "How do you balance being a mom and wrestler?"

I fake a chuckle, "I hardly do. I feel guilty for leaving my children behind but I'm just not ready to give up wrestling. It makes me feel selfish but I feel as if I should be selfish, I'm the one who was bound to a wheelchair for practically a year. Seeing life go on without me... it really broke me."

Our food arrives and I thank the waiter.

"I get you." Trish squeezes my hand. "I don't have any children yet and it freaks me out. In my case, I feel as if I'm missing out on having a normal life because of wrestling. I'm not married, I don't have a boyfriend and I don't even have a home. I can't buy one because I will never be there because I'm always on the road."

I sigh as I realise that I need to have a long talk with myself and then my husband.

Do I give up my dream career to settle down?

Or do I give up my home life for life on the road?