Chapter Ten- The Timelord's Daughter.

I looked back to the closet and got off my bed and the man took my wrist. “Let go of me” I said. “Need to make sure you don’t run away from me’’. He brought me down to the kitchen and sat me down. He sat across from me. “First off, hello Charlie Smith my name is Detective Lewis”. I looked at him; he had green eyes and brown hair. “Now tell me, where were you and why didn’t you come home from school that day?’’ he asked. Í looked at him and was silent. ‘’Tell me Charlie, and who was that man that you were walking with?’’ he asked. “I’m not going to answer to any of your questions you know?’’. The man called a police man over and whispered in his ear. “Tell me” Detective Lewis demanded. “No, I’m not going too’’ I said. ‘’Fine, then we’ll have to do something so you do’’. The police man that he the deceive was talking with came over to be and grabbed my wrist and put handcuffs on them. “Wait, what you are doing?’’ I asked. “Handcuffs come off once you tell me where you were and who the man was, right now you are categorized as a runaway’’.  ‘’Then I’ll stay categorized as one, I don’t care’’ I said. “You know what we do to runaways?’’ he asked. I looked at him. ‘’What?”’ I asked. “We make sure they don’t run away again, and if they do they get sent to jail so they never runaway again’’.  I didn’t want to get sent to jail but I knew my father would take me again and I didn’t mind if I never came back. “So now you want to tell me?’’ asked Lewis. “I’m sorry sir, but I guess I’m going to be in these handcuffs for the rest of my bloody hell of a life’’ I said. “Tell me his name” The yelled. I thought to myself my dad is still up there in my closet probably trying to snoop out then I thought of something. “Look outside, he might still be out there” I said. He turned out the window and while he was busy I slammed one handcuff against the metal chair.  He automatically turned around. “What the hell was that?” he asked. “Um... him tapping on the window’’. The handcuff finally budged and let go of one of my wrist. “Seriously tell me what the bloody hell that was”. “I’m not sure!’’ I yelled. He turned around again, and I took the bobby pin clip out of my hair, the easiest way for me to always get back into my house when I forgot the key. I grinned and whispered, “I got my own sonic screwdriver”. I heard the click of the lock on the handcuffs getting unlocked. I slipped out of the chair and hid under the table. “Where did she go?” I heard Detective Lewis say. I slid through the halls and up to my room. I slowly and quietly opened my room door and quietly closed it. I ran over to my closet. “Dad surprised you stayed quite for that long”. “Oh gosh, I couldn’t breathe in there, all I smelled was girly perfume” he said. “Oh great…” I said and sighed. I heard a bang on my door. “Charlie Smith, I know you’re in there!” Decective Lewis yelled. I grabbed the sonic screwdriver out of my dad’s pocket and stood pointing it at the door, “Hurry go outside I whispered, I got it”.  He outside and I stood at the door, waiting for them to come back. I heard the door knob click open and twist and the Lewis and his policeman barged back into my room stopping still at the sight of the sonic screwdriver. “What the hell is that?” they asked, yelling. “Don’t go near me, I have a sonic screwdriver and I’m not afraid to use it” I said. I backed out the door outside and on to the balcony. They stayed still and not moving. I went down the ladder to find my dad standing against the wall of my home. I looked at my wrist; they were bleeding from the cuffs. My dad walked over to me and looked at my wrist. “What did that man do to you?’’ he asked. “Nothing, I’m fine’’ I said. “I know you aren’t, now tell me what did those men do too my daughter?’’ he asked again. “They put me in handcuffs that were so tight they made my wrist bleed” I said. My father sighed and got a disappointing look on his face. “What’s the matter?’’ I asked. “I can’t stay, all I’m doing is getting you hurt, I promise though I will come back, I hate goodbyes but I really do have to go’’ he said. ‘’Why, dad!” I shouted, tears going down my face. ‘’I will come back, you will Charlie, just look at the stars at night and look how they shine for you, all for you, you are the time lords daughter Charlie, you are the greatest beyond great’’.  I put my arms out and gave him a hug. “Charlie close your eyes’’ my father said. ‘’Why, you’ll be gone when I open them’’ I said. ‘’Trust me’’. I closed my eyes and opened them. He was gone like I thought I looked down at my hands, there was his red bowtie, and he had left it for me. I heard footsteps around the back of my house, ‘’who’s there?” I asked, shaking of who could be around the corner. ‘’Charlie!’’ said a familiar voice. I looked back; it was Luke the boy who sang. ‘’Luke, how did you know where I live’’ I asked. ‘’Jullianna told me, I’m sorry if I intruded’’ he said. ‘’its okay’’ I said. ‘’I came here to see how you where I found out you came back home, I was worried about you’’. He came over to me and gave me a hug. “I couldn’t sleep knowing I made you disappear like this” Luke said. “I’m sorry Luke I worried you so badly, I couldn’t help this reason that I went away, and no I didn’t run away, all the police and media think I did though’’. ‘’What happened then?’’ Luke asked. “Some family of mine picked me up and brought me too their home that’s all’’ I said. ‘’Well if they were family then why didn’t they call your mom telling them that you were alright?’’ asked Luke. “Well that’s the thing she doesn’t exactly think of them as family even though I do’’. ‘’Oh I see’’. ‘’Yeah it’s a long story’’ I said.

               “Charlie, let’s go do something’’ Luke said. ‘’Alright, let me go tell my mom’’ I said. ‘’Alright I’ll wait’’ Luke said. I climbed up the latter up to my room and yelled inside “I’m going with a friend to hangout bye’’. ‘’Wait where?’’ she asked. “I don’t know, but I’ll be back’’ I said. ‘’Don’t leave young missy!’’ shouted the detective voice. “Too late sorry!’’ I shouted and laughed.