Chapter Five: We'll Talk Later

Instead of going inside, Luke grabbed all three of us and poofed us somewhere. We ended up sitting on the roof of the Orpheum, just above the Marquee.

"Hey, I know being dead isn't our first choice," Luke said, "but I mean it sure is easy getting around."

"Easy for you, maybe," Reggie pointed out, "I lost my shirt on that one." I put a hand on his shoulder, holding up a finger.

"Wait for it...and..." I pointed at his bare chest just as a flash of white light returned his shirt to his body.

"Ooh, never mind. There it is." HE said, causing Luke to laugh before leaning over him to look at me.

"You really have this ghost stuff figured out, don't you?" I shrugged.

"Well, I've had a lot of practice. Its not like I had anything else to do. Haunting you losers wasn't an option anymore." They all laughed. "But why did you bring us here?"

"Just another painful reminder of where we never got to play. "Alex said, tapping Luke's shoulder. "Thanks, Luke."

"I mean, boys-" I shot him a look, "and Delilah-"

"Saved it." Reggie said sarcastically.

"The game isn't over yet!" We poofed again, landing on the street and instantly making myself invisible, knowing that certain undead individuals liked to frequent this street.

"Delilah? Where'd you go?" Reggie asked.

"I'm here." I said, grabbing his hand.

"Why are you invisible?" He asked, somehow looking directly into my eyes.

"Long story, I'll explain later." I said. "I believe Luke was in the process of giving one of his famous pep talks."

"I'm tell you, we've been given a second chance. Let's find some music, let's see how many clubs we can hit before sunrise." Luke said.

"I can help you there." I said, still not letting go of Reggie's hand. "I have a list."

We kept walking, passing through people when all of a sudden, Alex hit someone and was sent stumbling backwards. My eyes widened as I looked at the man that hit him, recognizing him instantly.

"Hey!" Caleb Covington tipped his hat, looking at him before continuing to walk. I put a hand on Alex's arm, becoming visible again.

"Stay away from him." I said, giving him a stern look.

"You know who that is?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah...but I really wish I didn't." I watched his receding figure before puling Alex along, not wanting to discuss the evil man any longer.

~~~

I took them to every club I had ever been to, with every variety of music there was. Pop, Country, Jazz, Techno, everything. Luke had never been one to turn away any type of music.

We sat in one Jazz club in particular, which was a favorite of mine, and stood in the back and watched as coupled danced together to the up beat tunes.

"So when you weren't watching us, or watching Julie, you spent your time searching out music?" Luke asked. I nodded.

"I figured if I couldn't make it anymore, I could still surround myself with it," I said, "And besides, its incredible how much music has evolved since our day. Its morphed into something completely different, and yet the bones are still the same. Its beautiful."

"You always did have a way with words." Alex said.

"I missed having your lyrical input. You made our songs ten times better." Luke threw in. I smiled.