Chapter Fifteen: We Trust You

I poofed into Trevor's house, but the boys were nowhere to be seen. I sighed, making my way upstairs

I poofed into a room full of plants and tapestries. First I noted Trevor, sitting cross-legged on an Ottoman, and then I saw the boys, standing in front of what looked like an alter, blowing the candles out. I crossed my arms, shooting them a look. Luke walked over to the CD player, turning it on.

"Guys, stop it. Seriously, this is a terrible idea! And we have a gig to prepare for!" I hissed.

"Not until we make him pay for what he did to us." Luke told me.

"What good is revenge if we go to the dance and suck tonight?!" I exclaimed. Trevor walked over, turning the radio off, only to have Luke reach down and press the button again, looking at me defiantly. "Is this all some kind of game to you?! This is serious stuff you're messing with, Luke!" Trevor reached over, unplugging the CD player as Alex crept past me into the kitchen.

"Yeah, stuff that you have yet to explain to us!" He pointed out. I winced.

"Its just...its complicated and its really dangerous and-" My words were cut off by the shower turning on. Trevor looked towards the bathroom in fear. Luke held his hands out, walking backwards away from me.

"You were saying?" He turned around and walked into the bathroom, ignoring me. I shook my head, following after him, getting angrier by the minute.

"Carrie?" Trevor called, creeping cautiously into the bathroom and turning the shower off.

"Guys, I'm serious! Stop!" They continued to ignore me, Luke walking over and writing 'Hello Bobby' in the steamed mirror, with a little curve on the 'Y' to represent Sunset Curve. Trevor groaned in fear, running over to the door and running into it before attempting to open it. I poofed out of the bathroom to see that Alex was holding the door closed. I shook my head as the boys laughed. "This isn't funny! If he figures out who you guys are-"

"Delilah, Relax. We're just messing with him." Reggie said. I shot him a look, causing his smile to falter.

"You can't 'just mess' with living people." I said. Alex's smile fell too and he let go of the door, allowing Trevor to run terrified out of the room. "Making yourself known has consequences, especially guys like Bobby, who have money, and influence, and if he starts looking into the existence of ghosts, he could find..." I trailed off.

"Find what?" Luke asked, just as frustrated with me as I was with him. I stared at him with wide eyes. I should just tell them. They should know, they need to know, its just...its a painful backstory for me to dig into.

"Or...who?" Alex suggested, causing me to look at him. "Like that guy that I ran into on the street."

"What guy?" Reggie asked.

"When we went to the Orpheum, this guy ran into me. He was wearing a cape and a top hat, he looked kind of old-timey, and Delilah told me to stay away from him. And now that I think about it, she looked...really scared." They looked at me, Luke's frustrated face falling when he saw a no doubt terrified look on mine.

"Delilah, who is this guy?" Reggie asked, stepping up and putting a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head, looking down at my feet.

"I don't want to talk about it," I whispered, glancing up at them, "Just please trust me, he's a bad guy, and if Trevor finds out who you are, he'll find him and then he'll find us and...it'll be bad, ok? Please just trust me on this?"

"Ok...we trust you." Alex said. I nodded.

"And please, keep your promise about not meeting new ghosts on your own, its really important."