Chapter Sixteen: The Other Side of Hollywood

~~~Delilah~~~

I sat in Trevor's therapy session, which was so mind numbingly boring that I decided to head to the school early once I figured his therapist had talked him down enough to believe that'd he'd just imagined the whole thing.

I poofed back stage to see that the dance was in full swing, and was soon joined by Flynn and Julie. 

"Oh my gosh, you look amazing!" Flynn exclaimed, surveying Julie's outfit.

"Thanks." She put down her fake hologram projector and glanced at me. "The boys aren't with you?"

"No. I went to run damage control on Trevor. They'll be here at 9 though." I explained. "But I'm with Flynn, I'm loving this look."

"Who are you talking to?" Flynn asked.

"Delilah," She explained, "And thanks. Its my mom's. I finally went through her stuff."

"She would've loved that you wore that." I nodded in agreement.

"I guess, technically speaking, you did know my mom, didn't you?" She asked. 

"I did. She was an incredible woman." 

"Yeah, she was."

"So the guys aren't here?" Flynn questioned.

"No, but they will be. They know how important this is to me."

~~~Reggie~~~

Willie changed clothes and led us to one of the fanciest hotels in LA, leading us through a hallway and into a huge ballroom.

"Right this way."

"Whoa," Luke said, looking around, "So this is where your hotshot ghost lives, huh?"

"Yeah, we've walked past this hotel, like, a million times. How come we've never heard of it?" Alex questioned.

"That's because this area, has been sealed off for decades," Willie explained, "I mean, you wouldn't even know this place exists unless you're invited. Alright, I gotta go make sure everything's cool, but I'll be right back."

I turned my head, looking at the shiny black and gold sign beside me reading 'The Hollywood Ghost Club: Members Only'. But what I don't understand is, if this is a club for ghosts, and Delilah is supposedly a legend among the ghost community...

Why did she spend all these years being alone?

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Hollywood Ghost Club?" I asked as we all walked over and leaned against the railing, overlooking the ballroom, "This place is creepy."

"Yeah, well so are we." Alex pointed out.

"I don't know about this," I said, "I mean, Delilah was pretty clear that we shouldn't go anywhere without her and this place..."

"Don't worry," Alex said, "If you get scared, you can always hide behind me. I'll be hiding behind Luke." He stepped behind him.

"You guys need to grow up, ok? And stop worrying about Delilah, she'll understand. I told you that. We're gonna get back at Bobby. He needs to pay for what he did to us."

"Yeah," Alex agreed, "I'm still gonna hide behind him."

Willie poofed in beside Luke.

"We're all good." He confirmed.

"Oh, uh, cool. Hey, just so you know, we have like, an hour, because we have a gig with Julie." Alex told him.

"Oh, yeah, no worries. Let's go." He led us over to the curving staircase. "Normally, I'd have my deck and I'd backboard this heavy 20 set, but tonight...we have company. Hope you guys are ready for this." He sat on the railing, sliding down it and then twirling at the bottom, chuckling and gesturing towards the ballroom. There was 20s swing music playing, and it was full of people in tuxedos and fancy gowns, sitting around tables and chatting excitedly.