Chapter Fourteen: Trever Wilson Was In Your Band?

The weekend came, and Julie ran into the garage immediately as school got out on Friday, fully intent on spending the entire weekend writing songs for our new band, whose new name was still to be determined. This also meant however, that Reggie and I got to pitch the song that we'd been working on.

"So its called Edge of Great," I started. Reggie and I were standing in the middle of the room, while Julie, Luke, and Alex sat on the couch in front of us, "And even though we started writing it about us, and it does apply to that, I think it also applies to our band in general, which is why we're bringing it to you guys in the first place."

"So if we play it, are you guys gonna sing lead?" Julie asked.

"I don't think so." I said, glancing at Reggie. He shook his head in agreement.

"We're really confident in the song, so we want it to be performed the best it can be. We think you and Luke should sing it." He added.

"Fine by me," Luke said, "Let's hear it."

"Well, keep in mind, its not completely done yet," I said, walking over to the piano, "But its gonna start out with just Julie on piano and it sounds like..."

I sat down at the piano, and Reggie sat beside me, and I began to sing.

"Running from the past, tripping on the now." I smiled at Reggie, thinking of how the song applied to us. He had spent years wanting to tell me how he felt, and now he had, even if it wasn't the way he had expected, hence, running from the fear he had in the past, but tripping on the now because of the surprising circumstances.

"What is lost can be found, its obvious. And like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back," I lightly bumped my shoulder against his, "We all got a second act inside of u-uh-us. I believe, I believe that we're just one dream, away from who we're meant to be, that we're standing on the edge of...something big, something crazy, our best days are yet unknown, that this moment is ours to own, Cause we're standing on the edge of great!"

"On the edge of great." Reggie chimed in.

"Great!"

"On the edge of great."

"Great!"

"On the edge of great!"

" 'Cause we're standing on the edge of...great. And then Luke chimes in." I narrated.

"We all make mistakes," Reggie sang, "But they're just stepping stones, to take us where we wanna go, its never straight, no."

"Sometimes we gotta lean," We started singing together, "Lean on someone else. To get a little help...until we find out way!"

"And then it will go back into the chorus." I said, taking my hands off of the piano. "Like I said, its not finished yet, and we still have to figure out the band arrangement, but...what do you guys think?"

"Its awesome!" Julie exclaimed. 

"Yeah, you did a really good job, guys." Alex agreed.

"And it'll sound even better with Julie and Luke singing lead vocals." Reggie said, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Yeah, I think its perfect." Luke said. I smiled, looking at Reggie.

"Would you look at that? You wrote a song." He moved his hand, bringing it around and sliding it into mine, intertwining our fingers.

"We wrote a song." He leaned in, pressing his lips briefly against mine. I smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You two are so cute." Julie cooed.