Chapter Twenty-One: Finally Free

Julie sat down at her keyboard, and we took the stage behind her, although no one could see us yet. I bounced nervously on the balls of my feet, glancing over at Reggie, who stood beside me. He winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes as Julie began to speak into her microphone.

"Hi, its actually Julie and the Phantoms." She corrected. "Ok."

Flynn turned on the fake projector at the back of the room, shooting Julie a thumbs up, and she began to play.

"Hearts on fire, We're no liars. So we say what we wanna say. I'm awakened, no more fakin', so we push all our fears away. Don't know if I'll make it 'Cause I'm falling under. Close my eyes and feel my chest Beating like thunder. I...wanna fly. Come alive, watch me shi-i-i-ine." The piano music built before we all came in, appearing to the crowd and prompting a gasp of surprise. She stood up, walking to the center of the stage as Luke began singing with her.

"I've got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see. And your apart of me. Hands up if you're with me. Now till eternity, hands up if you believe. Been so long and now we're finally free!" The audience went from sitting quietly at their tables watching the band to being up on their feet, clapping along and dancing to the music.

"We're all bright now, what a sight now." Julie sang alone, beating the tambourine as she did so. I walked up to stand beside her, playing the guitar as she held the microphone between us.

"Coming out like we're fireworks," We sang in two part harmony as the boys jumped up on Alex's platform. "Marching on proud, turn it up loud. 'Cause now we know what we're worth." I ran up onto the platform with Reggie and Luke jumped down, going over to his microphone to start singing his part.

"We know we can make it, we're not falling down under. Close my eyes and feel my chest, Beating like thunder. And I...wanna fly. Come ali-ive."

"Watch me Shi-i-i-ine!" When the music dropped Reggie and I jumped off of the platform in unison, running over and standing on either side of Reggie's microphone, singing into it together.

"I've got a spark in me,"

"Oh-Oh-Oh!" Reggie, Alex, and I chorused as Luke and Julie sang together.

"Hands up if you can see!"

"Oh-oh-oh."

"And you're a part of me! Hands up if you're with me."

"Oh-Oh-Oh!"

"Now till eternity, hands up if you believe! Been so long, and now we're finally free!" We separated again, Reggie running over to share a mic with Luke while Julie held hers in between us once more, Reggie, Alex, and I still singing background while they continued to chorus.

"Oh-Oh-Oh!"

"I've got a spark in me, hands up if you can see!"

"Oh-Oh-Oh."

"And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me."

"Oh-Oh-Oh."

"Now till eternity, Hands up if you believe! Been so long and now we're finally free!" We moved once again, Reggie and I pairing up with Julie holding her mic between her and Luke now.

"I've got a spark in me."

"I've got a spark in me-e." Luke repeated.

"And you're a part of me"

"And you're a part of me-e." Alex, Reggie, and I all exchanged smiles, knowing that even the audience could see the electricity coming off the two of them when they sing together.

"Now till eternity."

"Now till eternity-y."

"Been so long and now we're finally free-ee~" The music swelled again, and Reggie began singing the high harmonies with Luke and Julie, while Alex and I continued on the background.

"Oh-Oh-Oh!"

"I've got a spark in me. Hands up if you can see!"

"Oh-Oh-Oh!"

"And you're a part of me. Hands up if you're with me!"

"Yeah-ah-ah!"  Julie went off on her own while Reggie and Luke stuck to the chorus together.

"Now till eternity. Hands up if you believe!"

"Been so long and now we're finally free!" 

"Yeah-ah-ah-ah!"

"Oh-Oh-Oh!" 

"Oh-ooh-ooh-oh-oh-oh-oh!"

"Oh-Oh-Oh!" 

The song ended with Julie singing the final words on her own, and once the music slowed, the crowd burst into applause. Julie held up her tambourine, and we all bowed, the four of us becoming invisible once we'd bent over, based on the gasps from the crowd. Once that happened, they only clapped louder as we all poofed over to the counter.

"Thank you, we're Julie and the Phantoms."

"Tell your friends." Reggie and I chorused as Julie said it into the mic. Flynn came over and stood in front of us as Julie walked over. Alex, Luke, and I sat on the counter while Reggie leaned back against my legs, his elbows resting on my thighs and his hands resting on my knees.

Flynn and Julie giggled as she came over, enveloping each other in a hug.

"You were incredible!" Flynn exclaimed.

"Yeah we were." Reggie agreed, leaning back so his head rested against my chest. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my chin on top of his head.

"Hey! Hey," Luke exclaimed, "Whoever Carrie was just trying to impress is coming this way!"

"Oh, its..." Julie went to explain what they said to Flynn, but trailed off as we all looked up to see a woman in a pant suit walking towards us.

"She looks all business." Alex pointed out.

"Wait, who should do the talking?" Reggie questioned. i moved my head, tilting it to the side to look at him. "Right, Julie, Julie." I chuckled, shaking my head and reaching up, gently combing through the hair on the back of his head with my fingers.

"You got this." Luke told her.

"Hi," The woman greeted, taking Julie's hand, "I'm Andi Parker, and I would love to-"

"Julie." We all looked up and my eyes widened as I saw Julie's dad standing behind the woman with a stern look on his face.

"Uh-oh."

"Dad!"

"Its time to go." He said. I jumped off of the counter, moving into her field of vision.

"We'll meet you back at the house." She nodded and I looked at the guys before we all poofed out of the coffee shop and into Julie's living room to wait for her to get back.