Chapter Ten: Don't Touch My Beanie

We watched as the techie ran onstage, looking just as confused as everyone else.

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?" He asked.

"Wait, were those Holograms?" The purple girl from Dirty Candy asked.

"Yes!" Julie said, jumping on the explanation. "Yes, they were holograms.  Um, I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it but it involves algorithms and science stuff." They all bought it, beginning to cheer once again. I chuckled, shaking my head and crossing my arms over my chest.

"That's wild. They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended." Luke said.

"Its wild that they could see us at all. That's not the kind of thing that Ghosts can just do, its pretty rare." I said.

"We should double check!" Reggie said, jumping up onto the stage stairs and obnoxiously moving his hips around. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Yeah, I don't..." He came back down, standing beside me again, "I don't think they can see us."

"I wish I couldn't see you." Alex said bitterly.

"Ok people," The lady in the pant suit, presumably the Principal started, "Show's over. Let's get back to class please." The students began filtering out of the gym, and the lead singer of Dirty Candy stood nearby screaming at the Purple girl.

"What was that?! Were those Holograms?!" Reggie walked over, standing beside the purple girl. He glanced up at me, seemingly to make sure I was watching, before turning his attention to the purple girl again. "Hey there. Hi. Reggie. Could I maybe call you sometime? What's your number?" He followed them towards the door and I sighed, shaking my head.

"Is he trying to make you jealous?" Alex asked, shooting an amused smile my way. I tucked my hair behind my ear and crossed my arms in annoyance.

"Sure looks that way." I shot back. Luke leaned over him to look at me.

"And is it working?" 

"No comment."  I watched him continued to follow the girls until he was completely out in the hallway. Luke laughed, going to follow after him.

"Word of advice?" Alex said quietly, "People who are 'just friends' typically don't get jealous about their best friend flirting with other girls."

"I'm not Jealous! The no comment was simply because I am not going to dignify such a ridiculous idea with an intelligent response." I denied.

"Ok...if you say so." He replied. "I'm just saying, I've seen you jealous before. I've been a bystander to you and your toxic ex-boyfriends when you get into 'Who can make the other jealous' contests, and this is what you look like when you're jealous."

"Oh yeah?" I turned to face him. "What do I look like when I'm about to smack my annoying friend upside the head?" His smile fell.

"Something like that." He pointed to my face, and I offered him a sarcastic smile, nodding in response.

"Yeah." He took off running after Luke and I shook my head, turning to look at Julie, sitting on the edge of the stage, hugging who I presumed was her music teacher, which I took to be a good sign. She walked away and Julie looked over, shooting me a thumbs up before jumping off of the stage and going over to stand in front of Flynn.

"Wow...you did it." Flynn told her, with little-to-no enthusiasm.

"Thanks to you," Julie replied, before seeing the look on her best friend's face. "Hey, you ok?"

"Uh...I'm great." She answered. "When did you start playing with a hologram band?"

"Oh no." I muttered to myself.