03 | Angie

❀❀❀

03

"YOU WHAT" I shrieked, nearly spitting out my Iced Caramel Macchiato, making everyone in the tiny cafe stare.

"Quiet down," my best friend Angie said while gently swatting my arm that rested on the table.

Angie and I have been best friends since kindergarten. I adored her, I hope she adores me and our families love each other. Angie isn't Muslim, but the way she's been with me and my family, some would think she is. Angie and her family are atheists, but they always love to fast with us on Ramadan, have iftar, celebrate eid; Angie is sometimes my ride to Jummah, and not to mention sometimes she even prays and listens to me read the Quran.

"HE PROPOSED, AND YOU SAID NO?!" I shrieked once again

"Stop it, you rat people are staring," this time swatting my arm, not so gently.

Angie and her boyfriend Alan have been together since the 8th grade; they are the definition of childhood sweethearts. So imagine my surprise when I find out he proposes, and she BREAKS UP WITH HIM!

"It just didn't feel right," she simply stated, taking a sip out of her coffee.

I stare at her, shocked.

"Come on, you have an exam lets go," she says, grabbing my keys.

"Want me to drop you off," I ask.

"Nah, don't you have to pray, Dhuhr? Anyways want me to come with you to the mosque."

Crap, I forgot about Dhuhr, my exam starts in 45 minutes. We had spent all that time in the cafe just catching up and studying that I forgot. Shaytan persuaded me that I didn't have enough time to go to the masjid, pray, and go to my exam on time and that I could pray when I get home.

"It's cool. I'll pray later," I said as we hopped in the car.

I dropped Angie off at her house and began to drive, I couldn't stop fiddling and tapping my fingers. I was officially anxious. This exam would single handedly determine my future, if I became a lawyer or if the many hard years of Law school was all for nothing. When I got to the exam, I couldn't stop panicking. I mumbled the Dua that I had just memorized and picked up my pencil, my hands shaking. 

Oh well here goes nothing

❀❀❀

my bad for making this so incredibly short :)