25 | new addition to the family

❀❀❀

25

It was after Dinner, and Bhabi and I decided to hand out the sweets to all of the Aunties, mainly because if we hand them out, we get to eat them first. I noticed Bhabi was acting a bit.. off today, but I didn't speak of it. I turned around to see Bhabi staring at me like she was contemplating on doing something.

"Bhabi, what's wrong," I asked, getting concerned; she was never like this.

"I'm going to tell you something that you cannot tell anyone, especially your brother," She said, getting all serious.

"Okay.. sure, but you're acting like either you killed someone or you're pregnant," I joked delicately, placing a spoon in each plastic bowl.

She was quiet.

"NO WAY"

"OH MY ALLAH"

"Bhabi, you killed someone?!"I whisper- screamed.

"No, you pagol, I'm pregnant," she said, whispering the last two words.

"OH MY ALLAH MABROOK CONGRATS I'M GOING TO BE A FUPI," I screamed but not loud enough for anyone else to hear. I gave Bhabi the biggest hug, squeezing her so hard.

"How many months?" I whispered

"3," She whispered back.

I leaned down and put my hand to her stomach,

"Hi baby, I'm your Boro Fupi, your Saima Fupi, or whatever else you want to call me; I can't wait to spoil you rotten," I whispered to her belly.

I couldn't believe there was a human in there. I looked back up to see Bhabi with tears pooling in her eyes.

"Wow, already with crazy emotions, huh?" I teased, getting back up.

"Shut up, let's go hand out the desserts... Fupi," She said, whispering the last word and smiling.

❀❀

It was starting to get late. We had been here for quite some time. The adults were all in the other room drinking tea while the rest of us were in the living room. I was seated on the couch, resting my head on Zara's shoulder while everyone was playing Mario Kart. Abu Bakr and Angie were bickering like usual when Angie called my name, "Saima, take the controller. Your cousin's driving me crazy," She shouted, taking a seat beside me.
Abu Bakr rolled his eyes and looked at me, "Ready to lose Appi?"

"You wish," I said, I was the queen of Mario Kart. No one could ever beat me.

"Okay, so it's us four then," Bhai said, referring to himself, Zayn, Abu Bakr, and I.

"Can't wait to beat you Appi" Abu Bakr said with a wink. 

❀❀

"See, little cousin, I told you I'd win," I snickered to Abu Bakr.

"Luck pure luck," He remarked.

"Well then, I've been lucky every single game I've played with you."

"She learned from the best," Bhai said, patting his shoulder

"Psh says the one who got last," Zayn said

"Whatever," Bhai grumbled like a little child, crossing his arms over his chest.

Bhabi and I exchanged a look; my Brother was no longer a Son, Husband, or Brother. He was all of that and a father.

I couldn't wait for this bundle of joy to come to this world.

❀❀❀