28 | flabbergasted

❀❀❀

28

"Is he being forced?" I asked

"Astaghfirullah! Saima, of course not. Asma told me he was the one to bring it up," Mama replied, wiggling her eyebrows. Oh man, I pray my mother never does that again.

I was flabbergasted. He brought it up?

"You don't have to make a decision now. Just think about it," Bhai said, stuffing his face, into the rice.

I didn't know what to say or what to do. I just stared blankly at all of them. He want to marry me?!

"He told me about it a while ago, but It was after the accident, so I told him to wait on it," Bhai said ever so casually, earning a slap on the arm from Bhabi.

"He's nice you should marry him," Zara said

I still didn't know what to say or do he wants to marry me?!

"Don't stress it; just think about it. He'd be a good husband for you," Bhabi said, rubbing my shoulder.

I couldn't hear what they were saying. Everything was foggy. The next thing I know, everything is dark.

❀❀

"Yeah, she passed out because she found out Zayn Bhai wants to marry her" I heard Zara snicker. The smell of bleach and hand sanitizer ever so prominent. I opened my eyes to see bright lights.

"Finally, you're awake!" Mama said. I turned around to see Mama run to me while the others were seated in front of my bed. I examined my surroundings, to which I then realized I was in the hospital.

"Why am I here" I croaked, grabbing the styrofoam cup of water and taking a sip.

"You passed out," Bhai responded.

"Ah Saima, Nice to see you again. Unfortunately, you're back in the hospital, though," Dr. Patel said, walking into the room.

"It looks like you passed out due to shock and stress, nothing to do with your amnesia, thankfully." He said, examining my eyes with the light.

"Tell me what you last remember," He said, grabbing his notepad.

"Uh, I was at the dinner table, and I was told I could go to the job interview and that I uh have a marriage proposal," I shakily responded.

"Good! All of your scans and tests came out normal. You will be discharged tomorrow morning to make sure this has nothing to do with Amnesia. Drink lots of water," He said, walking out of the room.

I leaned back on the bed, and Angie took a seat beside me, throwing one side of her hijab over her shoulder. "So Marriage proposal, you say?" She said with a smirk.

❀❀❀