21 | assalamualaikum

❀❀❀

21

I was sitting on my bed, a thick wooly blanket covering me while my laptop was sitting in my lap. As scared as I was, I needed to get back to work. I couldn't just sit around all day; I needed to get my routine back. Even the doctors said my memories would come back faster if I get back to normal.
I had brought up the prospect of going back to work to Mama and Baba, and they freaked out, which made sense. But I was ready, I had come to terms with what happened, and I have Allah on my side.

As I scrolled through Indeed, I found a job listed at Clifford Law Firm, a which was very close to my house, maybe a ten-minute drive, and it seemed very promising.  I applied to that and a couple of other firms.

Since I was stuck at home, I decided to continue memorizing the Quran. After some revision of Surah Baqarah, I still had it in me even though god knows the last time I recited it; I still had it memorized.

So I began,

~

As I was halfway done reading, there was a knock on my door,

"Come in."

There came Angie, with a cute little white hijab wrapped around her and a Black Abaya falling on her body.

"Mashallah!! Angie, you look beautiful!" I gushed. It was like the noor was shining on her face.

She blushed and took a seat beside me.

"Saima... Can you come with me to the Masjid, I'm taking my shahada today.

I gasped. I knew she was taking it soon but not this soon!

I punched her on her shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me!!"

"You were busy and stressed, so I thought I'd go by myself and tell you after, but I'm a little nervous," She confessed.

"Angie, you should know I will always make time for you," I said, pinching her cheeks.

She swatted my hands away and said,

"Well, I don't want to be late, so let's go?

I threw on an Abaya, and we were out the door.

❀❀

"Repeat after me," The Imam said

I clutched Angie's hand.

"Ash-hadu anla elaha illa-Allah"

"wa ash-hadu anna Mhammadur rasul-Allah"

"wa ash-hadu anna Mhammadur rasul-Allah",

"Ash-hadu anla elaha illa-Allah wa ash-hadu anna Mhammadur rasul-Allah"

Angie confidentially repeated, a smile gracing her face. I swore when she said that there was so much Noor on her face.
A witness isn't needed, but Angie wanted to be known as a Muslim publically, so the Imam was her witness, and so was I.

"Assalamualikum Sister Angie, Welcome to Islam!" The Imam greeted her.

❀❀

After Angie officially became Muslim, we both prayed in the Masjid, and I was now taking Angie out to eat at her favorite Shawarma place.

"It's so itchy," Angie muttered, adjusting her hijab.

"You'll get used to it," I laughed, taking a sip of my ice-cold water.

We spent the night eating away, as a new chapter in Angie's life began.

❀❀❀