15 | whatever mama wants

If you haven't prayed yet please do so, this book isn't going anywhere xox

❀❀❀

15

After that fiasco, we rejected the proposal, and I continued with my life. I had been working at Robinson's for over a month, and been loving it! Emilia and I have gotten so close, and she's been such a great friend. Every morning before work, we both go to Starbucks and just hang out. Angie has finished reading the Quran, and I have never been so proud of her! The other day we were talking, and she said she wanted to convert! She asked me to teach her how to pray, and she'd just randomly call sometimes asking about a Hadith or a Surah. I must say helping her and seeing her love for Islam has given me such an Iman boost. For the past month, I've been consistently praying Fajr and Maghrib. Now I was working on Dhuhr, Asr, and Isha. Ramadan starts in about 2 weeks, and Inshallah, by then, I'll be doing all 5 prayers + extra prayers!

Today I was Angie, and I was going to an Islamic conference. It was about an hour out, so we left right after Fajr. We were in the car. I had one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my Iced Caramel Macchiato, and Angie was in the passenger seat fixing her hair. Without thinking, I turned on my Spotify Playlist.

Angie looked at me, uncomfortably.

"What," I asked, taking a sip of my heaven in a cup.

"You do know music is haram, right," Angie said slowly...

"I'm not trying to outsmart you or embarrass you or anything," She continued.

With that, I turned it off and smiled at her.

She was absolutely right!

"No, thank you, you're right. Don't ever hesitate to call me out you're helping me with my deen as well."

For the rest of the car ride, it was a comfortable atmosphere.Sometimes we'd turn on some recitations of the Quran, or we'd just talk.

❀❀

Once we got there, I let Angie pick out the first lecture, and she chose one about Women in Islam. People like Khadīja (رضي الله عنها) and Maryam, the mother of Prophet Isa (عليه السلام). It was such a beautiful lecture talking about such inspirational women. After that, we both went out to have lunch and were walking to the restaurant. That's where we ran into

"Abu Bakr?" I asked?

"Saima appi! How are you look at you? You're so grown-up," He teased.

Abu Bakr was my cousin on my mom's side, My Khala's son. I completely forgot they lived near here! When we were younger, we were so close, and every now and then, we'll talk and see each other.

"Is that a beard?" I asked, shocked

When he was younger, Abu Bakr vowed to never grow a beard due to how "Funny" it looks.

"Yes," He said, rolling his eyes.

He then turned to look at Angie and smiled.

"Hi, I'm this weirdo's," Pointing to me. "cousin," He finished.

"Hello, nice to meet you," She shyly responded

I then told him we were here for the Islamic lecture. He told me we had to come for dinner, or my khala would be very upset to know we were here and didn't stop by. I missed my khala, so I told him we'd stop by after the conference was over. We said goodbye and went our different ways.